Got an unlock code from AT&T over the phone

Guest aglowlight

Guest aglowlight

I called AT&T today to get the unlock code for my Streak. Believe it or not it was provided on the spot over the phone. Easiest unlock request ever.

I called AT&T today to get the unlock code for my Streak. Believe it or not it was provided on the spot over the phone. Easiest unlock request ever.

Do you I to have to be AT&T mobile customer ? I am no longer with AT&T. can I get unlocked code from AT&T ?

Guest aglowlight
Do you I to have to be AT&T mobile customer ? I am no longer with AT&T. can I get unlocked code from AT&T ?

I'm pretty sure you do. You could also get someone you know that still has att to do it for you. I can say that the code works, I just unlocked my streak using my t-mobile sim card.

Guest the.mister.D

lchen5, No! You do not have to be an AT&T customer to get unlock code. I bought my Streak without AT&T contract and I am a TMobile-US customer. I called AT&T back in September and they gave me Unlock code over the phone. I was never an AT&T customer.

HTH

Guest aglowlight
lchen5, No! You do not have to be an AT&T customer to get unlock code. I bought my Streak without AT&T contract and I am a TMobile-US customer. I called AT&T back in September and they gave me Unlock code over the phone. I was never an AT&T customer.

HTH

That's good to know.

Guest Fone_Fanatic

Nope, just call them up (don't know the 1800 number but 611 from an ATT phone) and just press 0 a bunch of times till you get a representative and simply request it. No need to explain why or anything.

I've been getting unlock codes from Att for a couple years now and always been easy. Just with the dell streak it took Dell a while to get the code generator to them. So when the streak first came out, they couldn't provide it over the phone, i requested them to escalate it which they did and 2 weeks later got it via email. Then last month i got broke my streak and got a replacement, called up ATT and it was given over the phone also when i hung up the rep sent it to me via txt as well.

Going to try to get the code tonight or tomorrow morning.

Doesn't take long at all, just try to call at a time when people wouldn't be calling so you dont have to wait on hold forever.

Guest offthahorse

i am an at&t customer but i called the 18003310500 number. when they asked me to put my number in i pressed zero then waited

told the person i had bought a dell streak at best buy for full price under the impression that it was unlocked, and that best buy told me to call in and get the unlock code

5 minutes later, my streak was unlocked. super easy

they basically have a list of phones they can give the unlock code for immediately. if a phone isnt on that list they make you wait to make sure youre an at&t customer etc etc.

the streak IS on that list so they give the code immediately

dude i just did it i just called att told them that dell told me to call you guys and i purchased it out right and the lady gave me the code on the spot all i had to do is give her my IMIE number and 3 mins later i got it all i have to do is how do i enter it lol

Guest aglowlight
dude i just did it i just called att told them that dell told me to call you guys and i purchased it out right and the lady gave me the code on the spot all i had to do is give her my IMIE number and 3 mins later i got it all i have to do is how do i enter it lol

You'll need to have a sim card that is not att (I used t-mobile). Insert the sim card, power up the phone and it will prompt you for the unlock code. Easy as 1-2-3.

Guest klimt11

I wonder if it would be possible to unlock UK Streaks that way ;)

I'm willing to provide IMEI for testing purposes :P

Edited by klimt11

Guest rahulkadukar
I wonder if it would be possible to unlock UK Streaks that way ;)

I'm willing to provide IMEI for testing purposes :P

Well wouldn't hurt to give it a try, I mean why not call them from UK and find out, I got my Streak unlocked around 3 months ago and I made the call from India and told them that I would be here for sometime and they gave me the unlock code, I had the $549 Streak.

Guest JaysFreaky

I just want to confirm this works. I just got off the phone with AT&T and after about 5 minutes, they gave me the code. I don't have a T-Mobile SIM on me at the moment, so I'll do it later, but at least I have the code.

I just called 611 from my phone and gave them the IMEI code.

Edited by JaysFreaky