Thank you Paul For Setting My Vega Free

Hi,

Just to say that I think Paul and others in the community have worked damn hard over the past couple of weeks and I'm sure that without their support many of us might well have opted not to purchase the Vega or have been less than satisified with the "stock" product. If it wasn't for their time and efforts the Vega wouldn't be making the headlines it has/is - that's a fact.

Paul, thank you for your support, effort and for putting in the time to support each and every one of us over the past weeks.

Additionally, and sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, in light of the support and the platform which Paul and this site have simultaneously provided to DSG and its team, it would stand to reason that they might see fit to support MoDaCo in return ... or am I wrong ?

Subscriptions, advertising or some other commercial venture would not only monetize the gratitude of the DSG team to Paul and other supportive members but, would provide a contribution to the costs of running this site, servers, etc and provide it with a future to run parallel with the Vega and its successive incarnations. Sorry if this seems cheeky but, I call it as I see it.

Paul is a gentleman and would never seek to benefit from his passion nor even mention it but, looking at it from a pure "return on investment" perspective - the marketing campaign of the Advent Vega (in addition to its technical support) has pretty much been developed, implemented and delivered right here ... and at a cost to DSG which must be making its finance team grin.

It's time for Pauls recognition I think...

</soapbox speech>

Edited by Guest

Guest 5c00ter

!00% agree; I signed up for the "Ad Free" registration as a show of appreciation and to support this fantastic site. If it hadn't have been for the work carried out by Paul & Co. I think my unit would have gone back.

Keep up the brilliant work !

;)

Guest thwacker

I also agree wholeheartedly. I'm waiting on my Vega to be delivered today. But it wasn't until reading this forum that I considered it worth buying. DSG owes a lot of the current demand for the Vega to Paul and this forum and should show their appreciation. Once I get it in my hands and hopefully (expectedly) decide to keep it I intend to sign up to this forum.

;)

The Vega arrived. It looks good so I'm definitely keeping it but my wife insists it doesn't reappear until Christmas Day. Fair enough as she paid for it. In the meantime I've paid the sub to MoDaCo. Roll on Christmas. And thanks Paul for your work here.

Edited by thwacker

Guest Genieuk

Totally agree, and well done to Paul and everyone on here for making an out of the box device from mundane to exciting; and the people that will profit most are the manufacturers and DSG. Without this support I think a lot of people would be sending their units back.

Thanks.

Guest vertico
+1. I would never have considered buying one without seeing what was possible after Paul has basically "fixed" the product. ;)

just echoing that.

without all the good work Paul had done on making custom rom and performance pack for vega. I doubt DSG would have sold these many.

+1

Well done Paul for all your help, and especially making your rom so easy to install, it was so easy as to simply extract the ZIP and run a batch file! Don't think it could be simpler really.

Makes the Advent one slick little device I think.

Edited by remlap

Guest Touch Graphite

I dont think Paul realises how many unknown and unregistered, yet appreciated customers he has who would rather just cash in on the free ROM.

I am one of those who have been reading the forums but chose today to register and get my support sorted.

The membership will be sorted as soon as my wife wraps the tablet I bought and then I unwrap it on the 25th.

Guest TylerDurdenK

I'm not saying I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't for Pauls work, but I'm not sure I would have kept it.

Hooray for Paul, come on DSG, send him a nice Christmas present.

Guest boffboff

Another +1 from me.

The stock Vega is functional at best, but thanks to Paul and others' work it is a completely different animal.

To be honest, it was this site (including the community/support) that sealed the deal for me between the Archos101 and the Vega. (Aside from the hardware specs.)

I love to have the freedom to customise my devices and am glad DSG don't seem to be discouraging the practice on here.

Thanks DSG!

Thanks Modaco!

And last but not least, THANKS PAUL!

Edited by boffboff

Guest MarkoUK

Yeah, top marks for Paul and his work on this product.

You've made us very very happy indeed.

Hope DSG see you alright!

I would shake your hand if I met you kind sir!

+ 2 for me and I don't even own a Vega!! But I would (and only would due to Paul's work) if I had the spare cash for a gadget.

The other +1 is for his work on the San Fran :-)

Advent (and ZTE) should employ Paul as an independent technical engineer and consultant IMHO.

Guest removed-14

After flashing Paul's No-Sense Desire ROM as well as updating my Vega with Paul's creations I am forever in indebted to him!

The man is a legend in the Android world and rightly so! Thanks Paul... If you are ever in Hull (god knows why the hell you would be) then give me a buzz and we can go for a beer or three!

Guest benjer172
I'm not saying I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't for Pauls work, but I'm not sure I would have kept it.

Hooray for Paul, come on DSG, send him a nice Christmas present.

+1

I've been keen on the Vega since I saw "that video" on Elec Pig in October and it was always something I was going to buy. It would be "functional" out of the box, but Paul's ROM has made it into a "can't put down" device.

Am already telling mates about the Vega and the must have MoDaCo ROM so hopefully more will subscribe.

Thanks for all your efforts Paul, and also the rest of the community without which I would have been stuck with a "USB Mass Storage Device" driver induced rage!

+1 aswell

Been aware of MoDaCo since the HTC Tanager/SPV E100 days, just lost my way for 18 months with the iphone. I don't think I would have enjoyed any of my devices as much without this place

Guest griff_dai

+1 been on and off modaco for a lot of years, however I have never seen the response Paul has had with a product launch such as this. DSG owe him a huge, huge debt of gratitude......