Lagfix

Guest Retrorious

Guest lnux9898
Would a lagfix make the vega even faster?

I would say no - The screenshot for Quantant in the article is close to what I am getting on the Vega without the lagfix. Plus, owning a Galaxy S, I am not seeing the same behaviour as I use the device.

Given that it is a easy test, I can try out the lagFix and see if things improve when I get home.

Guest Retrorious
I would say no - The screenshot for Quantant in the article is close to what I am getting on the Vega without the lagfix. Plus, owning a Galaxy S, I am not seeing the same behaviour as I use the device.

Given that it is a easy test, I can try out the lagFix and see if things improve when I get home.

Ok let me now if you make any progress on it.

btw what is your Quadrant score? mine is around 2300 something I guess the 3000 + in the screenshot is alot more istn't it?

Guest lnux9898

I didn't get much time tonight so not much progress. Hopefully more over the weekend.

Progress so far:

- I tried out RyanZA's OCLF (as it is the LagFix I used on the Galaxy S)

- Couldn't find the apk via the market so got it via its XDA post.

- Copied and installed the apk on the Vega.

- Started app.

- Selected option to install EXT2 tools. Failed with 'null' error. Reviewing log output via logcat showed:

I/OCLF ( 5940): Creating folder /data/oclf

I/oclf ( 5940): mkdir /data/oclf

I/oclf success( 5940): :RET=0

I/OCLF ( 5940): Saving binaries to disk...

D/asset ( 5940): Data exceeds UNCOMPRESS_DATA_MAX (1867568 vs 1048576)

Not sure what that Data exceeds message is about or how to get around it at this point.

Guest Retrorious
I didn't get much time tonight so not much progress. Hopefully more over the weekend.

Progress so far:

- I tried out RyanZA's OCLF (as it is the LagFix I used on the Galaxy S)

- Couldn't find the apk via the market so got it via its XDA post.

- Copied and installed the apk on the Vega.

- Started app.

- Selected option to install EXT2 tools. Failed with 'null' error. Reviewing log output via logcat showed:

Not sure what that Data exceeds message is about or how to get around it at this point.

I think that error means that it tries to uncompressed a file bigger than 1M, have seen this before

Guest dagrim1
I think that error means that it tries to uncompressed a file bigger than 1M, have seen this before

There seems to be very little space free in for example system/apps. Could be the issue when it tries to install something exceeding that free space? But don't think there's a need for a lagfix on this device anyway, it's flying :)

Guest Retrorious

If this is the case you could just remove the stock launcher.apk in system/apps. I doubt anyone uses the stock launcher

Edited by Retrorious