Liquid Metal = Liquid M (S 120)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

It seems that acer is going to release a new phone: Acer Liquid M (S 120) which is the Liquid Metal cause of the M of course ;)

Version is going to be Froyo (2.2), as it is showed up there, but there are no further information :P

Pictures are taken from the german site:

post-716298-1291908622_thumb.pngpost-716298-1291908630_thumb.png post-716298-1291908638_thumb.jpg

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest PhilNelwyn
It seems that acer is going to release a new phone: Acer Liquid M (S 120)

Version is going to be Froyo (2.2), as it is showed up there, but there are no further information ;)

It's the Liquid Metal...

It just seems that there is a problem with the name (copyright conflict with the Apple's LiquidMetal alloy ?).

They've acted strangely on their website lately, they added a patch for gps and removed it, added it again before removing all patches...

And now if you check the box to show all phones, there is another Liquid Metal section.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

It's the Liquid Metal...

It just seems that there is a problem with the name (copyright conflict with the Apple's LiquidMetal alloy ?).

They've acted strangely on their website lately, they added a patch for gps and removed it, added it again before removing all patches...

And now if you check the box to show all phones, there is another Liquid Metal section.

Did you have time to downlod the fix ?

Yes, here it is : Patch_Acer_1.0_A22F_A.zipAs they removed it, I prefered not to flash it.

Oh and, Vache, I used some of your tutorials at acer-android.fr, you might want to make one for installing Gingerbread keyboard on Liquid Metal, it will surely be better than mine. :)

Thx for the file :)

I saw on the PDF file : "Supported version(s): Liquid Metal_1.001.02_EMEA_GEN1, Liquid Metal_1.001.02_AAP_GEN2"

The newer release i saw is from paugustin dump and it's 1.000.23, mine had 1.000.09. Maybe we can expect a full update soon.

I have no time to make more tuts atm, i currently working on boot and recovery.

Guest PhilNelwyn
Thx for the file :)

I saw on the PDF file : "Supported version(s): Liquid Metal_1.001.02_EMEA_GEN1, Liquid Metal_1.001.02_AAP_GEN2"

The newer release i saw is from paugustin dump and it's 1.000.23, mine had 1.000.09. Maybe we can expect a full update soon.

I have no time to make more tuts atm, i currently working on boot and recovery.

Oh... it's even better !

I have 1.000.09 too and did you notice the bug in AcerUI : when exiting a game, breeze notifications are displayed in landscape mode.

So there's not only the gps to fix... yes maybe a full update soon.

Oh... it's even better !

I have 1.000.09 too and did you notice the bug in AcerUI : when exiting a game, breeze notifications are displayed in landscape mode.

So there's not only the gps to fix... yes maybe a full update soon.

There are many little bugs....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jopeck
There are many little bugs....

hello i just apply the two apk in the zip files update and gps fix and then i'm 1.000.23_EMEA_GEN1 instaed of sfr 1.000.09. And the gps is ok now

Edited by jopeck

Guest koudelka

hmm I doubt it is because of apples lquid metal, since that is not a phone. Although acer and apple are in competing spaces so it is possible, I am not an lawyer :unsure: