Would like to install official Dell firmware...

Guest Jez_

Hi,

I'd installed a clean 2.2 on to my previous Dell Streak. I now have a fresh Dell Streak with the following spec:

UK O2 contract. Currently 'locked' to O2. Not rooted.

Firmware Version: 1.6

Baseband Version: GAUSB1A110421-EU

Build Number: 3883

I'd like to install the official Dell update to 2.2 as I don't want to be tied to O2's infrequent releases...

Does anyone know the best way I should do this and if it's possible? I have read the forums and other guides, but am still not clear on the best route to get to a clean Dell firmware.

Many thanks,

Jez ;)

Ok, upon further reading it's appearing that I can't go from an official O2 firmware to a stock Dell one. :)

Now to find the best route from 1.6 (Build Number: 3883) to DJ Steves 2.2...

Guest superutp

well I am on a locked o2 same as urs...

went from 1.6 to 2.1 (8105)....

then since there wud be a FOTA mismatch if we tried installing official dell releases I used the untouched official 2.2 by Dj steve(http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/11/how-to-get-official-android-22-update-on-dell-streak.html) and went to build number 11548....

then i flashed clockwork recovery to get the performance fixes...

so unofficially I am on a offcial 2.2 by dell...except tht your baseband changes...

now If i want I can flash the 309 stock recovery and install the latest 318 update...or else i can flash steves 2.2 directly..

in your case you could go from 1.6 to 2.1 and then flash the 309 recovery, then install the 318 file...(i guess)...