Streak ordered at long last! :D

Guest dancemb

Guest dancemb

Just placed the order for my Dell Streak at lunchtime today!

Ordered from Dell Direct, hopefully ordering this early in December should guarantee my delivery by xmas, but not sure yet until they post an estimated delivery date via E-Mail.

Been wanting this Streak ever since I saw it in store in July, so its been a long time coming!

Just need to order a monthly SIM-only Tesco mobile once the phone arrives, as there is no point paying monthly without the actual phone to put it in.

I might actually become more than a mere amateur, that is, if I feel brave enough with all the technical terms I have seen browsing the various threads.

Guest adzman808

congrats mate,

obviously this is a very biased place, but we all think the streak is damn fine :)

you'll be needing 2.2 fo-sho to get the best outta droid

plenty of threads here to advise...

like you, i knew i was getting my streak ahead of it's arrival & i began collecting & collating info that would help me flash it :)

you may wanna do the same...

xda also has a streak forum,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=695

in case you hadn't seen it

Just placed the order for my Dell Streak at lunchtime today!

Ordered from Dell Direct, hopefully ordering this early in December should guarantee my delivery by xmas, but not sure yet until they post an estimated delivery date via E-Mail.

Been wanting this Streak ever since I saw it in store in July, so its been a long time coming!

Just need to order a monthly SIM-only Tesco mobile once the phone arrives, as there is no point paying monthly without the actual phone to put it in.

I might actually become more than a mere amateur, that is, if I feel brave enough with all the technical terms I have seen browsing the various threads.

you wont regret it :) welcome in advance!

Guest Tim6772

I took ages researching the Streak after i saw it. I decided it was time to drop my 'Feature Limited' iPhone and delve into the world of Android.

Don't worry about the tech terms either, there's always someone willing to help (think iOS dev support, then think opposite, then you've got it :) )

Just hope you end up as happy as i now am, Great Device with Fantastic People supporting & Developing for it.

And just so your aware, Tesco IS O2, so i'd compare their individual tariffs to get the better deal.

Guest dancemb

Nice to have a big, warm welcome, as I have just been standing in the background, getting a good feel for what is going on.

Im sure I will have questions about certain things I might get stuck on, but as I know this is one of the best communities I have ever known!

Just seen there is now an Estimated Delivery Date of 21/12/10, I really do hope that my order arrives before this date, as thats literally just before xmas, when I am unlikely to get much time off available, its a good job I chose to order it this early really.

Tesco monthly SIM-only is the best deal, as its a 1 monthly rolling contract, and you get 500mins, Unlimited texts & 500mb internet for only £10 a month, cant see that deal being beat!

Guest prawnballs
you'll want more than 500mb internet (ive blown through 1gb this month alraedy

I used 250mb last month.. but I mainly use it at home or at work through wifi

Guest Stephen Hyde

i use mine alot at work where i dont have readily availble wifi, so 3g gets hammersed - also left me streak running wifi ap for a couple of students at work to browse internet using yesterday

Guest dancemb

My other half normally has unlimited internet (when it still actually existed) but the times she uses it she has never reached 500mb, but all the deals that are around now, all the contracts only normally reach 500mb for monthly data allowance, either stated on the pricing screen, or buried under "Fair Usage Policy"

The only plans that give you 1gb appear to be the "devils spawn" as they are inferior lol