advent vega - printing

Guest tdeadvent

Guest tdeadvent

Hi everyone

new to the site and to my advent vega, so please bear with me :) hence posting this in the ebay section earlier !!!!

I have two main questions, hundreds of little ones, but I will post them seperately...

Is it possible to print from the vega ?? and if so, how..

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi everyone

new to the site and to my advent vega, so please bear with me :) hence posting this in the ebay section earlier !!!!

I have two main questions, hundreds of little ones, but I will post them seperately...

As with any android device, you can't print docs natively (i think) but many print manufacturers will provide an app to print photos. Just need to search the market for your printer brand.

Yeah, would be nice to print straight from docs 2 go etc.

Hi everyone

A Wireless Printer should work. Bear in mind that the Vega only works with wireless b/g compatible devices, so the printer must also be of these catagories. i.e. wireless N will NOT work...

Guest warriorscot
wireless N will NOT work
If it is wireless N it should be back compatible with a b/g device very few solely N devices since its not a full standard yet.

Apps is the only way to do it really unless you have a printer that supports internet printing like some of the newer ones. Rumors are that android might get some more printer support natively in the future but honestly I don't see it as not even windows supports wireless printing with native drivers.

Guest Touch Graphite

There is a Print app called HP iPrint Photo, got it on me desire.

Only detects HP wireless printers on the wireless network your connected to. Not sure if it works with the eprint range.

Worked for me, although I havent installed it on my vega yet as its under the christmas tree!

There is a Print app called HP iPrint Photo, got it on me desire.

Only detects HP wireless printers on the wireless network your connected to. Not sure if it works with the eprint range.

Worked for me, although I havent installed it on my vega yet as its under the christmas tree!

You can do a trick via dropbox http://www.labnol.org/internet/print-from-...e-phones/17827/, basically when you add a file on the Vega to your dropbox folder, a PC on your home network sees the change 'event' and sends to its attached printer.

Guest Touch Graphite

Hahaha, I was waiting for someone to spot it. I made it myself just before joining.

Don't know why I came up with the idea but you certainly got the full concept.

Can someone make a splash screen with the classic VVVEEEGGGAAAAAAA! animation and soundfile.

That would be absolute classic!

Edited by Touch Graphite

Guest Touch Graphite

Doesn't the connected PC have to be on for the print jobs to be pushed through to the printer though!?

Surely HP's eprint is the answer here.

Failing that, wireless HP printers are really cheap now, and the best printer make out there.

Does the HP iPrint photo app run on the vega? Any takers?

• 3 months later...
Guest jason66

Just found this thread as I was trying to print a voucher that my wife had downloaded and i couldn't figure out how to move it to my pc.

Anyway, i have installed dropbox on both vega and pc, i've installed the print que tweak and now i've run out of tallent! Can i print say a web page? What should i be using to copy and paste a picture or file into drop box?

Alternatively, i have an hp eprint machine, not entirely sure how it all works apart from it does not like ntl webmail print jons (apparently there are also issues with google mail).

Guest Gavjbrown
Just found this thread as I was trying to print a voucher that my wife had downloaded and i couldn't figure out how to move it to my pc.

Anyway, i have installed dropbox on both vega and pc, i've installed the print que tweak and now i've run out of tallent! Can i print say a web page? What should i be using to copy and paste a picture or file into drop box?

Alternatively, i have an hp eprint machine, not entirely sure how it all works apart from it does not like ntl webmail print jons (apparently there are also issues with google mail).

I haven't got my vega yet but I used PrinterShare on my android phone and it works really well.

Guest kiora2
Perhaps one day we'll be able to use Google Cloud Print - maybe in Honeycomb? maybe Ice Cream?

It works now, I've been using it. You need a special version of chrome browser on your PC, and the cloud print app from the market. Works well for docs, yet to try photos.

Col.

Guest jason66

Just to follow up on this one, thanks for all the suggestions or software.

Firstly, the HP photo print software is fine for printing photos but I wanted to be able to easily print the occasional email and attachment.

I tried the drop box trick, it all installed OK and appeared to function as it should, no errors but it did not print :-(

I tried Print Share and after a bit of fiddling it did work but in order to fully test it I would have had to have bought the key, only 10 bucks but I don't like buying things to see if they work so that sent me looking for a better trial version of something else.

I found Printbot which was easy to install and seems to work printing pdf files and photos but I can't quite figure out how to print an email (on indeed IF I can print an email) but it feels rather easier than the rest and only €3 if I buy it after the trial. Having said that, none of the email clients I have seem to recognose it - the native email app anbd Gmail both don't give the option to print :-(

I'll have a go with the cloud and see if that can help.