Latest news on Froyo rollout..

Guest RedSlug

Guest RedSlug

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/Di...oyo-update.aspx

The topic of when we were going to upgrade Streak users from Donut (Android 1.6) to Froyo (Android 2.2) has been the source of much conversation since we launched the device in the UK back in May. We continue to roll out the over-the-air update to Streak devices outside the United States since we started the process last month. The reality is that there are a lot of moving parts in the mobile space. Offering a product like Streak means working with multiple carriers in multiple regions. Many times that translates into multiple timetables. That’s part of what’s happening here.

In response to the recent chatter questioning when we will offer the Froyo update to AT&T SIM-locked versions of Dell Streak, here’s the deal… Customers in the United States who own AT&T SIM-locked versions of the phone will hopefully begin seeing the Froyo update sometime next month. In the meantime, we continue to work with AT&T to push this through.

So, who has AT&T SIM-locked units? Many customers who purchased the device in the United States before November 23 have units that are SIM-locked to AT&T. US customers who purchased the $299 version of the Streak (the one with a two-year AT&T contract) after November 23 also have units that are SIM-locked to AT&T.

I know many of you have been waiting for the Froyo update. As I mentioned before, we’ll continue to work with AT&T to push this through. When I have new updates on the topic, will share them here.