Weird Fastboot Issue

Guest bitziz

Ok, I've got something really weird here so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have two Streaks, a black one brought about 3 months ago and a red one brought yesterday. The black one is an O2 one and the red one is a Dell direct sale from Hongkong.

I have being using fastboot to flash my black Streak for the past 3 months now (ever since I got it), with absolutely no problem, all the detection works fine and I could easily send stuff to it.

Yesterday I hooked up my red Streak, everything looks to be normal, in the sense that the computer (running Win7 64bits) recognizes it and the Streak says FASTBOOT MODE. However, when I try to use fastboot.exe to send stuff to it, it just hangs saying "Waiting for device". When I connected my black Streak, everything is fine again...

I've tried all the method suggested here and XDA. Including reinstalling drivers, using PdaNet drivers and whatnot, nothing works. The Streak always says FASTBOOT MODE but just can't send anything from the computer.

More interestingly, when the Streak enters fastboot, just before it shows the selection screen asking you to pick between fastboot and screen calibration, an error flashes by real quick. Saying something about "TE Failed, second pass"? something like that, it flashes by so quick that even after reading it like 20 times I can't figure out exactly what it says.

So anyone has any suggestion???

Edited by bitziz

Yeah, absolutely. Like I said, everything works fine when I have my black streak attached.

Also, when doing fastboot devices, nothing shows up when the red streak is attached.

Guest jnovello
Yeah, absolutely. Like I said, everything works fine when I have my black streak attached.

Also, when doing fastboot devices, nothing shows up when the red streak is attached.

Maybe it's like the white ones then and you need the QDL tool.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking also, but others have had the red ones before and didn't report this problem. Maybe the new batch they are selling now are all like this and this is not restricted to the white ones only??

Guest Us3Less
Yeah that's what I'm thinking also, but others have had the red ones before and didn't report this problem. Maybe the new batch they are selling now are all like this and this is not restricted to the white ones only??

Yours is the red streak or the cherry red streak ? From what I know , the cherry red streak was launched in the US recently , same time as the white streak WHICH might share the same problem like the white streak if u r using fastboot ...... ignore me if its not , just a thought

Edited by Us3Less

hmmm... Maybe it's the cherry red...

The red I have is a different finish from the black one. The black is matte whereas the red one is glossy. I've never seen the "original" red so I have no idea if that's different from the red one I have.

Guest Us3Less
hmmm... Maybe it's the cherry red...

The red I have is a different finish from the black one. The black is matte whereas the red one is glossy. I've never seen the "original" red so I have no idea if that's different from the red one I have.

I am currently using a red streak but from pictures i seen , the cherry red seems brighter than my unit . Have yet to see an actual unit so I cant comment much . Its worth a shot 2 try using those method used for white streak .

Guest jpluedtke

I had the same issue. I used fastboot-windows and everything works fine. After that, I didnt bother to investigate.

May be an issue with windows rights. My streak is a german 6600 unlocked EU device running on 1.4.6.

best

jp

Guest Johnston411

this won't specifically help but my black o2 uk streak did the "te fail" thing a few times but luckily for me i could still use fastboot (i always use an elevated cmd but probably academic).

After entering to fastboot approximately ten times it stopped saying te fail.

i'm pretty sure in between it saying it and not saying it i reflashed the original o2 2.1 rom.

hmmm... this is odd... maybe steve or someone could explain what that error message mean?

I disabled the rights management on my windows 7 so that's not an issue. Also fastboot-windows and fastboot is actually the same program (i in fact renamed it to fastboot from fastboot-windows)...

Guest jpluedtke

well i am not really into all the internals but my fastboot-windows is definately a different file than my fastboot from the adk folder. the fastboot windwos was in some recovery zip (2.1 i believe) and it had a different file size. with that, it works. using the fastboot from the adk folder, it doesnt. and true, i checked the adminstration setting: they dont matter.

best luck

jp