Black Status Bar for Official 2.2 Froyo or Stephen Hydes StreakDroid 1.4.6??

Guest EZ44

Is there a way to get a black status bar for the Official 2.2 (318_00) or even Stephen Hydes StreakDroid 1.4.6 Custom ROM? I believe that his 1.0 StreakDroid release had a black status bar but I haven't seen one since. This is probably the last tweak I'd like to make to my setup and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one looking for a black status bar.

Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by EZ44

Guest coronet
Is there a way to get a black status bar for the Official 2.2 (318_00) or even Stephen Hydes StreakDroid 1.4.6 Custom ROM? I believe that his 1.0 StreakDroid release had a black status bar but I haven't seen one since. This is probably the last tweak I'd like to make to my setup and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one looking for a black status bar.

Any info would be appreciated.

You can customize your status bar real nicely in UOT Kitchen and get quite a few black options. One problem though: The text will be black-on-black. If you can stomach that, google UOT Kitchen and cook up a new status bar.

There is a theme on here for 1.4.6 which I use and is really good

Thanks, I did find that theme but unfortunately Stephen's 1.4.6 rom gives me GPS issues and the fix isn't working.

You can customize your status bar real nicely in UOT Kitchen and get quite a few black options. One problem though: The text will be black-on-black. If you can stomach that, google UOT Kitchen and cook up a new status bar.

Hmm, I'm surprised UOT Kitchen doesn't allow you to change the text color. Or is it that changing the text color doesn't work on the Streaks using OUT Kitchen?

UOT Kitchen is pretty cool and I created a Black Status Bar and grey notification area. Too bad you can't set the text to white on the bar but I can live with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest wyxwyx
UOT Kitchen is pretty cool and I created a Black Status Bar and grey notification area. Too bad you can't set the text to white on the bar but I can live with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

share it please...good for stock version?

Guest Roperband
yep 1.5.4 will have black bar

Hey Stephen, will there be any way to change the color of the status bar icons as well? I just can't get down with that green stuff man...;^)

yep 1.5.4 will have black bar

Sweet. I've been looking to switch to your version for a while now. I installed the official 2.2 and it has been giving me intermittent reboots/lockup on Dell boot logo requiring me to remove the battery.