Froyo for O2 Dell Streak coming later TODAY (10/12/2010)

Guest Shiuko

No I think it was a badly worded tweet. Over on facebook it was confirmed that the unlocked EU 2.1 to 2.2 would come later today and there would be an update on the technical acceptance of the O2 update later today, not the actual update itself.

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
No I think it was a badly worded tweet. Over on facebook it was confirmed that the unlocked EU 2.1 to 2.2 would come later today and there would be an update on the technical acceptance of the O2 update later today, not the actual update itself.

Twitter site now saying "News regarding O2c UK Dell Streak 2.2 update - it is looking as planned to have live on Wedsnesday 15 Dec OTA. Will keep all posted."

Guest jusumgeezer

Twitter site now saying "News regarding O2c UK Dell Streak 2.2 update - it is looking as planned to have live on Wedsnesday 15 Dec OTA. Will keep all posted."

News regarding O2 Dell Streak 2.2 update - it is looking as planned to have live on Wedsnesday 15 Dec OTA. Will be in a better position to confirm on Monday.

Finally its coming (since i dont have the balls to loose my warrnty)

but now it seems im in for the waiting game again

Any body know when we might see gingerbread

Guest utahstreak

You'll need a calculator to add up all the negative posts on this forum alone of people that have already installed 2.2 and found that this, that, and the other never works properly again.

At&t have already postponed their update until January, and i was hoping o2 would do the same to save me even thinking about doing it.

So why get so excited about what looks like a complete load of bollox :)

Finally its coming (since i dont have the balls to loose my warrnty)

but now it seems im in for the waiting game again

Any body know when we might see gingerbread

I got bored of waiting and put the 318-00 build on instead. Can't see much wrong with it once Fards build.prop post boot script are applied.

As for the warranty issue, yes I can see them getting shirty sorting a bricked Streak through flashing mishap but not for a hardware failure. It's a bit like saying Dell would refuse to fix a laptop if you installed linux instead of windows.