Pin Code keypad is ridiculous in lock screen

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

The designer that designed the pin code keypad must had been on drugs or something!!!

I would really really want to be in his head and in all the other Q&A people just to see what they were thinking. "What a great keypad that is" users will be thrilled with these small keys squeezed all together on the screen.

iPhone became so successful because they made the keys as user friendly as possible. Nice and big on a small 3.5 inch screen. We on our dell are suffering with tiny little keys. For Christ sakes it's difficult to enter the pin even with both hands. In case some of you haven't used the pin code security here is what I'm talking about:

http://www.leagueofkarpathos.gr/lockscreen.jpg

What i think it should look like or at least give us the option to switch is this:

http://www.ipadtipsandtricks.net/wp-conten...-number-pad.jpg

I beg all you gurus out there that make magic and cook rom's and all kinds of crazy things. Can someone figure out where the setting for this is hiding?

I've tried all the apps on the market but none offers the security the native lock screen offers.

Guest untrueparadox

i feel like the swype keyboard can be made smaller too. when i swype, its no longer the thumb. i practically glide 4 times across the extra long width of the screen to type a word like practically.

i use a SIM lock code... i dunno my fingers must not be that big 'cause i rarely have issues with it...

The problem is the screen is in landscape mode to unlock the screen...has anyone found a way to to change the oreintation at least? If that could be done it would be a lot better!

Dude please check your DPI in build.prop

I'll take a look....but that wont change the oreintation will it?? Is there any documentation on adjusting the build.prop file?

Guest rahulkadukar
I'll take a look....but that wont change the oreintation will it?? Is there any documentation on adjusting the build.prop file?

If you are good with adb then pull /system/build.prop

OR use Root Explorer and check the value there

Check the field ro.sf.lcd_density and check the value there.

Guest adzman808
If you are good with adb then pull /system/build.prop

OR use Root Explorer and check the value there

Check the field ro.sf.lcd_density and check the value there.

+1

i think that 160 is standard...??

SOME of Steve's ROMs run as low as 140

I'm an old man, i need a BIG buttons to see, i run 190... this is about as big as you'd want with a sim lock & even then the bottom row of numbers is partially obscured...

i once tried 200, but my then the 'OK' button to accept the sim lock code is not displayed *d'oh*

easiest way i personally (i'm adb challenged lol) found to change build.prop (for little changes) was to change the permissions with root explorer, open build.prop as text file with astro, make my changes, save & reboot

but each to thier own :)

+1

i think that 160 is standard...??

SOME of Steve's ROMs run as low as 140

I'm an old man, i need a BIG buttons to see, i run 190... this is about as big as you'd want with a sim lock & even then the bottom row of numbers is partially obscured...

i once tried 200, but my then the 'OK' button to accept the sim lock code is not displayed *d'oh*

easiest way i personally (i'm adb challenged lol) found to change build.prop (for little changes) was to change the permissions with root explorer, open build.prop as text file with astro, make my changes, save & reboot

but each to thier own :)

Does this change keep the pin code entry in landscape or can you switch it to portrait?

Guest adzman808
Does this change keep the pin code entry in landscape or can you switch it to portrait?

i've never used the pin code entry in portrait

i'm fairly the lcd mod affects every screen post boot animation

the build.prop lcd change wont affect default rotation

Edited by adzman808