How to convert HD video to play back on Vega

Guest nigelpwilson

Guest ricwales1
1024x600, at 25 to 30 fps, thats what ive done for most my files anyways and it works fine. I assume your using rockplayer? (I wish it was hardware accelerated, the tegra doesnt seem to be supported).

Rockplayer handles video way better then the stock player.

Just wondering if you need to convert to 1024 res to watch on what is a 10 in screen? Anyone tested lower res to see how much diff you can notice? If using handbreak i guess using the universal conversion option which should be 720 wide i think, should be fine for the screen size and give you a saving in file size.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adam Bennett

I've been using handbrake to encode movies to MP4, H.264 video (1024 pixels wide, 23.976 fps) with AAC audio (stereo, 48kHz sample rate, 160kbps). These stutter when playing in software mode in RockPlayer, but are perfect when played in hardware mode, even when skipping through the movie.

Handbrake here as well.

Encoded from a 720p MKV to AppleTV M4v and it plays smooth as silk using the internal player. Still need to play around with the aspect ratios & other settings to get the ideal but will be using Handbrake to do it.