Dell streak and annoing reboots.

Guest wgizmo

Guest MrPokeylope

you guys are all idiots :D

its a streakdroid 1.8.0 and 1 issue. try flashing a lower firmware before sendng something back. mine has been fine back on 1.7.0.

Guest SAman1
you guys are all idiots :(

its a streakdroid 1.8.0 and 1 issue. try flashing a lower firmware before sendng something back. mine has been fine back on 1.7.0.

Hey genius :D , if you've been reading this thread at all you would know that the problem goes way back before 1.8.0 or 1.7.0, in fact I'm on stock 2.2

I'd be carefully tossing words like 'idiot' around if I were you - you don't quite come across as being very bright with your assertion above :(

Guest DelSan

I've been having the same issue with reboots and reboots that seem to reset some settings, and the screen that won't wake up. I reflasheded everything and it was ok for a while then restarts started, so I've since uninstalled loads of not used apps and it seems one must have been the culprit.

Try removing them or list your apps here and I'll see if any were the ones I had an issue with too.

If we all list the apps on streaks that are having reboots we might be able to narrow it down. Might make a new thread for it.

Guest m4tt24

There was already a thread about apps and reboots, just send your phone back get it replaced I've had no issues at all with my replacement, theres not much point messing around with them when dell will replace them and far less hassle then waiting until it properly screws up like mine did (just rebooting constantly) only thing is they replaced my o2 streak with a different version (unlocked I think)

Edited by m4tt24

Guest SAman1
There was already a thread about apps and reboots, just send your phone back get it replaced I've had no issues at all with my replacement, theres not much point messing around with them when dell will replace them and far less hassle then waiting until it properly screws up like mine did (just rebooting constantly) only thing is they replaced my o2 streak with a different version (unlocked I think)

Yep, that's exactly what I did - sent it back to Dell and waiting now. I know it's not a particular app, cos I wiped everything, factory reset, reloaded stock 2.2, formatted the SD card, and with everything just like new it still rebooted after a few mins of use (I loaded no apps apart from what came preloaded with O2 stock 2.2). I used it like that for 2 or 3 days and observed that it rebooted more frequently whenever my sim card was in. I guess when the phone connection is active it's bound to generate more heat than with wifi only. I just hope that it's only an early batch that has the problem and later manufactured ones don't suffer the same problem again after a few months. Wouldn't like to have the same issue recur again - it's actually makes the device unusable for work purposes, not to mention the annoyance.