Android Market 2.2.6 Update

Guest igor_anta

Guest flip360

i tried it but its stuck on cyan`s logo after reboot, i looked at the update script and it states that it removes the Launcher.apk which is not the right thing to do, is it?

P.S I have LauncherPro as default Launcher.apk :)

BTW it works and looks GOOD,

thanks

Edited by flip360

i tried it but its stuck on cyan`s logo after reboot, i looked at the update script and it states that it removes the Launcher.apk which is not the right thing to do, is it?

Hmm. You're right. Lucky i have ADWLauncher.apk :)

Guest igor_anta

P.S I have LauncherPro as default Launcher.apk :)

BTW it works and looks GOOD,

thanks

Ooops, I just replaced the .apk from the adw1.3.3.zip I posted some time ago :( So people without ADW should not apply this through recovery, just extract the .zip and push the Vending.apk with adb.

I still don't get the point of replacing a system launcher with a standard market option, why not just install it like it should be done and then select it as default? :)

Guest flip360

Dunno :)

i just dont like ADW and dont like having it in /system :)

there will be a rewritten LP in the near future so i hope for a system version

btw where did you said you posted adw 1.3.3 sys version?

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest igor_anta
Dunno :)

i just dont like ADW and dont like having it in /system :(

btw where did you said you posted adw 1.3.3 sys version?

cheers

Somewhere in the CM6.1 0.40 threads, probably buried deep in there :) If you want I can post it here?

Here it is, the new Market for those that didn't get it automatically (a very rare group of people got the update I guess). And a preview of what it gets: http://androidandme.com/2010/12/news/new-a...-to-15-minutes/

DOWNLOAD:

Flash through recovery. Enjoy!

NOTE: If you have replaced ADWLauncher.apk with any other Launcher.apk in system/app DON'T flash this through recovery, just push the Vending.apk with adb or replace it with root explorer.

Does this work on FLB-mod 1.7 as well?

Guest biron_w

I doubt you'll get one. I asked about it on the pauncherpro forum and got this reply

System version is unlikely because Fede isn't a hacker and I believe system apps require a special update system and that would just slow down standalone users
Edited by biron_w

Guest craigb244

just flashed it... looks good.

I opened the file in winrar first and deleted all the other files in there other then Vending.apk and flashed it through clockwork and all is good :)