There is an "update.zip" to install from clockworkMod recovery :

Patch 1.5.0

This will patch files in /system/app and set permissions to resolve :

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Note : Some infos lines in the script are in french but no matters

Hope it will help :) (sorry for bad english)

Patch worked a charm. Many thanks =)

Guest digthemlows
are you serious???

"This will patch files in /system/app and set permissions to resolve :

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug"

some guy/gal with three posts comes in with a zipped file and says this will fix all issues and you believe....................whatever, I'll ask questions..............

Guest ClippinWings

damn, still no luck...

GPS is a biggie to me too.

I've even tried running QDLtool and going back to "standard" 2.2

but GPS is dead there too.

I'm starting to wonder if this Streak ever had it. It was a replacement unit I got form Dell this AM...

I'm considering downgrading all the way to AT&T 1.6 and "starting over"

Guest GargoyleCC
Hello Folks,

Patch 1.5.0

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Magic well done worked a treat.

Guest Johnny82

Since updating to 1.5 I've had a weird problem. My sound sometimes works out of the rear speaker... sometimes it only works out of the ear piece. Mp3s, movies, games all come out of the ear piece only. If I stick the headphone in then out that fixes it temporarily.

almost everything works as mentioned, except for the GPS, it finds the location, but it cannot find a GPS after selecting to give directions to somewhere. i also noticed that wifi turns off when 3g data is on or viceversa, that was before the patch though, it continues to do so.

The patch correct the mobile network location bug, and should not affect the GPS localisation itself, it's a different module ... Btw, no prob with gps here ...

The frenchs people who tested the patch first did not meet these problems...

For those who want to know, I've taken back files from 1.4.1, and reset correct permissions on it.

some guy/gal with three posts comes in with a zipped file and says this will fix all issues and you believe....................whatever, I'll ask questions..............

Sorry, it's true that i'm a noob here but i'm french and I work on Android roms and on the Streak for many month now ... on french forums !

I understand why you're asking :)

Anyway, I'm happy that I was able to help you a bit :)

And again, sorry for the bad english !

Guest foxhoundep3

i dont think you asked the right questions, but you are right.. i was skeptical at first, but now that a few people have installed it including myself its only safe to say that it works. maybe my gps doesnt work cause im inside the house even though im getting good reception, oh well, sorry if i came at u hard.

back to topic.... 1.5.1 !!!!

Hello Folks,

Patch 1.5.0

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Good job. appreciate ur work.

Hoepfully steve will incorporate these in his next release

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Is this luminosity bug the same screen dimming bug I was asking about above by any chance?

Guest foxhoundep3
ive not seen that issue here

it has happened to me as well but ive noticed that it happens when its in my pocket or im laying down on it by mistake on the couch, maybe pressure against the battery or something?, its not biggie to me though. the gps on the other hand :).

steve btw, this 1.5 is ridiculously fast, i added the window flying animation, and setcpu to 1190 max 245 min, WOW!, thanks buddy for everything.

The automatic setting you mean ?

In this case, yes :)

Oh, then no then methinks.

I don't think I've noticed a problem with automatic brightness, but I might just not have been paying attention.

I meant that my screen dims after < 5 seconds.

Guest foxhoundep3

I don't think I've noticed a problem with automatic brightness, but I might just not have been paying attention.

its not that, its when you go to settings then to display>brightness, it will force close settings and take you to home.

I don't think it's the same bug so ...

But the patch put back the setting apk from 1.4.1 ...

If you didn't got that problem while you were on 1.4.1 or before, you should test the patch.

Guest ClippinWings

OK... i downgraded all the way to o2 1.6 before GPS started working.... chekcing with each new rom...

soooo...

I now know that my streak does in fact have working GPS (was thinking Dell sent me a wonky unit as a replacement)

now the question...

Do i use QDL and go straight back to 2.2, then steve's 1.5?

Or do I go back up the "Old fashioned" way: o2 2.1 > steve's 1.2 > Amss.mbn > steve's 1.5? like i did with my "old" streak (maybe even do 1.4.6?)

on a side note: i tried several times to run the MiUi rom... it would never install

NEVERMIND... I'm impatient... going QDL to 2.2 > then steve's 1.4.6 (it worked wonderfully aside form the front facing camera)... then I'll decide later on 1.5(maybe wait for 1.5.1)

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest rodmathis
not without loads of hacks the frameworks are hugely involved

Stephen

Has anyone brought to you issues about the "portable wi-fi hotspot" in 1.5? It worked flawlessly in 1.4.6

Guest Neugene
Since updating to 1.5 I've had a weird problem. My sound sometimes works out of the rear speaker... sometimes it only works out of the ear piece. Mp3s, movies, games all come out of the ear piece only. If I stick the headphone in then out that fixes it temporarily.

This happens to my streak all the time. Believe it or not, make a call and it solves the problem. You don't even have to let the call connect. Just call a number and hang up and the speaker should start to work correctly.

Guest kirkla79
This happens to my streak all the time. Believe it or not, make a call and it solves the problem. You don't even have to let the call connect. Just call a number and hang up and the speaker should start to work correctly.

I have also been having this issue since 1.5.0. I just fix it by going into settings -> volume and hitting OK.

Hello Folks,

Patch 1.5.0

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Thanks for your effort... Work great

Guest bulldog82
it has happened to me as well but ive noticed that it happens when its in my pocket or im laying down on it by mistake on the couch, maybe pressure against the battery or something?, its not biggie to me though. the gps on the other hand :).

steve btw, this 1.5 is ridiculously fast, i added the window flying animation, and setcpu to 1190 max 245 min, WOW!, thanks buddy for everything.

This is a hardware problem, reported by a few US users. You should send in to ask for a replacement unit. The battery cover is not well tightly fit and dislodge slightly will cause the switch off . Based on what I have read such users has got their units replaced. If you go to Dell support website, you will read several such cases and re[placements make

Guest bulldog82
Have somebody a solution for the reboot Problem?

I do experienced this 3 times in 1.4.6 and I manage to trace it to my installations. What I usually did was I just use MyBackupPro and Titanium backup to restore back my apps/data. Initially I traced it to a few apps ( eg Newsroom, Beautiful Widget, System Panel ) cos after I delete it and reinstall it goes away. So I decided to factory reset and manually reinstalled back my apps - and this problem never recurr again.

When I upgraded to 1.5.0 ( all the apps/data remain intact) , on the 3rd day, it reboot twice. So I decide again to factory reset and reinstall my apps/data manually. Till today I never face any sudden reboots. Hope this help