StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Battery is being zapped since I installed this ROM :)

RebelSim and crazy battery draw on my end. About 6-8hrs to flatten battery with screen off and data services off.

With data sync on, screen off I'm lasting around 2-3hrs and pulling about 20x more data than usual. All the battery

draw in both scenarios is related to radio. Basically the draw is so bad, a standard USB charge can really only just keep up.

Lots of lag/hanging when accessing and 2.1 RIL functionality in general. As in several second lock ups while sending SMSes, etc.

Will have to roll back to 1.1.1 and think some more on a true unlock.

Guest Johnny82
This happens to my streak all the time. Believe it or not, make a call and it solves the problem. You don't even have to let the call connect. Just call a number and hang up and the speaker should start to work correctly.

Well I booted up with the headphones in, then once in I took them out. Been good for about an hour now. If it comes back and going to 1.4.6 doesn't fix it, ill call dell and return.

Guest mancterrier
Just checked GPS outside and still doesnt work in co pilot or Navigation here so going back to 1.4.6 as I need it to get to tranmere tonight :)

Actually went back to 1.5.0 and the gps worked fine tonight. We won 2-0 :)

Guest digthemlows
The patch correct the mobile network location bug, and should not affect the GPS localisation itself, it's a different module ... Btw, no prob with gps here ...

The frenchs people who tested the patch first did not meet these problems...

For those who want to know, I've taken back files from 1.4.1, and reset correct permissions on it.

Sorry, it's true that i'm a noob here but i'm french and I work on Android roms and on the Streak for many month now ... on french forums !

I understand why you're asking :)

Anyway, I'm happy that I was able to help you a bit :)

And again, sorry for the bad english !

Thanks very much!!!

Guest nanostreak
ive not seen that issue here

Rebooting happens to our second streak now all the time. I'll go back to the prior rom and see whether that solves the issue. I also have a second micosd which I may use it step down doesn't work. The second streak also has screen freezes where input gets amazingly slow and the stops.

Hello Folks,

There is an "update.zip" to install from clockworkMod recovery :

Patch 1.5.0

This will patch files in /system/app and set permissions to resolve :

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Note : Some infos lines in the script are in french but no matters

Hope it will help :) (sorry for bad english)

Hey CED62...........thanks for your patch file!!!!!!!!!.....my issues with brightness and volume have been solved. I have my Streak with 318 package + DJ Steve 1.5 custom patch file. My only problem now is lost of 3G, only have E (EDGE) network.

Greetings :)

dumavi.

Guest nanostreak
This is a hardware problem, reported by a few US users. You should send in to ask for a replacement unit. The battery cover is not well tightly fit and dislodge slightly will cause the switch off . Based on what I have read such users has got their units replaced. If you go to Dell support website, you will read several such cases and re[placements make

The loose battery back could be fixed with a business card on the battery and would cause it to turn off completely without being able to.turn it back on. One had to rip out the battery to reboot.

I think the new problem is spontaneous rebooting. I had the back cover problem on my first unit that got replaced. My wife's unit has started to spontaneously reboot every hour at least immediately after 1.5.0 and the business card trick doesn't fix it.

Guest iStormUK
Hello Folks,

Patch 1.5.0

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

Thanks for the patch file, seems to have fixed a few annoying glitches.

Hello Folks,

Patch 1.5.0

- Location bug

- Calendar Bug

- Luminosity set bug

- Ringtone selection bug

The only issue I had that I knew of was the GPS location issue and this patch worked for me... thanks

The loose battery back could be fixed with a business card on the battery and would cause it to turn off completely without being able to.turn it back on. One had to rip out the battery to reboot.

I think the new problem is spontaneous rebooting. I had the back cover problem on my first unit that got replaced. My wife's unit has started to spontaneously reboot every hour at least immediately after 1.5.0 and the business card trick doesn't fix it.

I tested it again to make sure....

but this shouldn't be the case anymore because Stephen removed that setting on the S/W side. You will be able to remove your battery cover without it shutting off.

Guest SKYSCRAPER04

hey steve - do you have the drmplayer apk by chance that was from the 1.4.6 build? that didn't have that audio only message like the one in 1.5 has. Thanks!

KOHAWK go to DOWNLOADS.STREAKDROID.COM/DJSTEVE/APP just grab the DRM PLAYER APK and install it.

Guest sideshow
calendars easy fix grab the two cal files form downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/app and replace /system/app versions

Cheers, dj_steve, that sorted my issue. Thanks for the awesome rom.

Guest vinokirk
RebelSim and crazy battery draw on my end. About 6-8hrs to flatten battery with screen off and data services off.

With data sync on, screen off I'm lasting around 2-3hrs and pulling about 20x more data than usual. All the battery

draw in both scenarios is related to radio. Basically the draw is so bad, a standard USB charge can really only just keep up.

+1

I'm on a fully unlocked Streak tho, but getting thru my charge pretty quick!

It's been like it since 1.1, but all seemed ok with 1.4.6. I was like..."FINALLY!!!! My batterys lasting more than 8 hours :)" But now I'm on 1.5 its plummeted again :)

Guest vinokirk

Just checked:

Still got the green lines when playing converted 720p .mkv files. And the 'audio only' text sometimes.

Whats the chances of the media player getting looked at? Its been like this since around 1.2 :)

Just checked:

Still got the green lines when playing converted 720p .mkv files. And the 'audio only' text sometimes.

Whats the chances of the media player getting looked at? Its been like this since around 1.2 :)

the files out of the performance mod work for this, so should be good for 1.5.1

the patch from ced62 doesn't half kill battery on gps ! before I lost 3% battery on the way to work, this morning 28%

the files out of the performance mod work for this, so should be good for 1.5.1

the patch from ced62 doesn't half kill battery on gps ! before I lost 3% battery on the way to work, this morning 28%

Yup, because now, mobile network location is working back : It permanently scan wifi networks (even if wifi is disabled) and mobile networks to give your position to Widgets (weather location for example), browser, etc ... Just like rom before 1.4.5 and Dell's rom...

You can disable it if you want : in settings, Location & Security, un-check "Use wireless Networks"

Hope it's help :)

(Sorry for my bad english again)

Guest alert_bri
Yup, because now, mobile network location is working back : It permanently scan wifi networks (even if wifi is disabled) and mobile networks to give your position to Widgets (weather location for example), browser, etc ... Just like rom before 1.4.5 and Dell's rom...

You can disable it if you want : in settings, Location & Security, un-check "Use wireless Networks"

Hope it's help :)

(Sorry for my bad english again)

Thanks Ced, and thanks for the patch - much appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

Guest rubixcube

Hi guys,

this rom for streak looks awesome but i have a LOT OF WEIRD BUGS with 1.4.6

Like (in order of wtf makes me angry):

-wild reboots while playing games/watching video content on my SD/when using google navigation

** THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT is that sometimes the phone don't reboot from itself, i have to pull battery off. Sometimes, the phone don't reboot at all and i have to format /system partition and reflash the rom.

-Locking screen is unlockable. Got to push on lock button and try to unlock it many times to get it unlocked.

-Got GPS disconection each minute when using google navigation (and sometimes a disconection get the phone rebooting)

if you could help getting those f*cking bugs off ...

Guest thee-interloper

I've been using DJ Steve's ROMS since 1.1.1 went into the wild and I'm well happy with them.

1.5 is the first one that I've had real trouble with scrobbling - the std music player (even with Streak to SLS) installed isn't scrobbling at all & no music player is showing up in simple scrobbler either. Anyone else having this problem?

Other than that - nice one, guv.

Guest Jason Burns
Ah.. Same question. Except that I would like turn the internal speaker ON when connecting to the dock.

I've had problems with the dock and sound since at least 1.2. On a very rare occasion sound will work, but 90% of the time - nothing.

I've given up on Steve's streakdroid rom for now. I'm using the official 318 rom and dock audio works great. This build seems pretty good.

Keep up the good work Steve! I'll be back.