BBC iPLayer on San Francisco - almost

Guest t0neloc

Guest t0neloc

Hi folks

I've been using Myplayer quite happily until the Beeb pulled the plug on it.

As an alternative you could try the following which works OK but I'm certain that some of the folks on here could improve on it.

It's a standard Orange San Francisco ROM, unlocked and with the Orange bloatware deleted.

Opera Mobile browser supports playing the BBC Radio streams without needing to do the following. I'm only interested in the radio so Opera alone was enough for me. Just follow the links until you get to the listen button.

Also supports muti touch zoom but a bit wobbly.

Overall I prefer it to the standard orange browser.

----------------------------------------------------------

Install Opera Mobile 10.1 beta.

In the address bar enter

opera:config

scroll down to the USER PREFS section near the bottom

In the CUSTOM USER AGENT field enter HTC_Touch_HD_T8282

go to the botom of the section and press SAVE

Restart Opera and go to the iPlayer website and you should now see the listed programmes.

When you 'click to play the video' it will prompt to save a very small file. Save it and then open it using a file explorer app.

You will be prompted to specify an app to open it & here's the rub. The built in MOVIES app works but it's not great.

I'm guessing that if Flash 10.1 was installed you could choose that? Or even myplayer?

Anyway give it a go.

Have fun

Guest StevenHarperUK

I just made a Titanium back of the OLD version of myPlayer - If I ever accidently over-wire it (via update all) I just restore using Titanium.

But thanks for the great info - Maybe a Plugin for Opera can make it launch the video somehow.

Would also love a working version if someone knows of one :)

Seems this question gets asked a lot.

Just google 'Beebplayer 0.6.5 apk' I'm sure that'll get you to a download link for Beebplayer. It's a brilliant little app that will do what you want.

Guest StevenHarperUK
It doesn't work anymore

used to but they stopped it in the past couple of days

Your right I just checked my Old 0.99 version : I had been keeping it for ages (not pushing the update all button)

Oh well : have to wait for the official one (if ever)

If it says connection error or similar when you open myplayer, click menu > view > choose a category. For me only recently added doesn't work.

yeap it works..

1.screenshot_25.png2.screenshot_26.png3.screenshot_27.png

4.screenshot_28.png5.screenshot_29.png6.screenshot_30.png

and here is the link myplayer_v0.99

cheers .:) and have fun

Edited by factro

Guest UbaRolfey

Amazing, then surely jsut a small tweak by the dev, and it's up and running again, we just need to bypass that first screen, recently added would be nice, but not the end of the word, I notice even live tv works.

Mike

Amazing, then surely jsut a small tweak by the dev, and it's up and running again, we just need to bypass that first screen, recently added would be nice, but not the end of the word, I notice even live tv works.

Mike

ya i too thinks..can dev work on..:)

The dev got told off by the BBC for breaking the iPlayer's Ts & Cs.

ya i understand that..cant we make some script or smthing that make everything work, that way dev will not be responsible for this..

Guest StevenHarperUK
ya i understand that..cant we make some script or smthing that make everything work, that way dev will not be responsible for this..

Cheers for the tip guys almost updated past 0.99 :) thanks

U know now days i dont even have to choice my above method, myplayer is working just fine, no more msg like it used to..it just shows contain of iplayer??..

is it just me or can one conform that myplayer is back to business..:)

Edit: even recent is working..;)

Edited by factro

Guest cmberry20

I can never get myplayer to work with Villains 1.0.1 ROM. I see the content but it wont play. All I get is 'Connecting [Wifi]' message but the steam never starts.

It seems to work on other ROMS though!!

Guest oh!dougal
U know now days i dont even have to choice my above method, myplayer is working just fine, no more msg like it used to..it just shows contain of iplayer??..

is it just me or can one conform that myplayer is back to business..:)

Edit: even recent is working..;)

Yes.

But no download links ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StevenHarperUK

If you do a titanium backup of myplayer once you have it installed, you can restore it - if you accidently update all in the market.