Abolute Beginner!

Guest original.woodster

Guest original.woodster

Hi, i have been after a 'Droid tablet ever since the iPad was released. the Samsung Galaxy Tab i had my eye on untill that HUGE price was revealed. then i cought wind of the Advent Vega thanks to techradar.co.uk, but...its forever out of stock and i dont have the money to purchase one on a whim anyway.

i currently have a Samsung Tocco lite, im really after a true android phone, wanted the Desire, or Wildfire depending on funds available, but then again techradar brought up the Orange SF! shame its no longer being supplied with the OLED screen, but i will be waiting for next year to buy the Orange SF in white, and unlock it with the free codes to o2 so i can use my current number and talk plan.

couple of questions, do i have to get a 3G sim card from o2? my current phone doesnt support it so i haven't got a clue if i need a new SIM?

could i tether an advent vega to a Orange SF, to use 3G, if i dont have WIFI access?

and does anyone know if there are going to be any new Advent tablets in the new year?

i will be using the tablet for emails, watching films, gaming, and web surfing at work and home.

i thought about the Dell Streak, just so i can do all of the above, but with the phone abilities aswell.

what would you all suggest?

thanks.