RTSP Streaming Problem

Guest Minty Trebor

Guest Minty Trebor

Having conducted a number of tests it would appear that RTSP A/V streaming is not working correctly, and the Vega will only play the audio component of the stream. I have tested this utilising a number of different sources (VLC Stream and convert etc) but I am unable to get it working using any combination of bit rates or tweaks.

I am using the latest version of Pauls (excellent by the way, and thanks!!) mods and performance packs.

Digging around over on XDA I have found posts in the GTAB section also referring to this problem. It seems to be with the built in video player. Given the common hardware platform what it the possibility of a driver issue here?

I should point out that all of my tests have been conducted successfully in parallel on a Nexus One running Cyanogen 6.1.

Any thoughts / tweaks / suggestions would be appreciated, as I am keen to get my live SKY TV streaming on my Vega through RTSP rather than crappy flash, or on my small Nexus One.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest brotbuexe

same problem here, get only the audio.

I can play it parallel on booth devices but only on the n1 I get video.

I have contacted the developer. Hope he can help...

• 1 month later...
Guest mxbob

Has there been any progress with this?

I got rtsp streaming working using VLC to create the stream for me and using rockplayer to open and play it.

I get both video and audio but the performance is terrible and this method gives me no options for setting different buffer sizes and im really just guessing the best settings to encode video to with VLC

Id appreciate any suggestions for better programs to actually watch the stream with on my vega and any advice people can give me on the best settings to encode video to for streaming.

Guest clive_j
Has there been any progress with this?

I got rtsp streaming working using VLC to create the stream for me and using rockplayer to open and play it.

I get both video and audio but the performance is terrible and this method gives me no options for setting different buffer sizes and im really just guessing the best settings to encode video to with VLC

Id appreciate any suggestions for better programs to actually watch the stream with on my vega and any advice people can give me on the best settings to encode video to for streaming.

I am trying to do the same but never used VLC before - would you be able to publish some hints/tips on how to set this up. I am using Windows to stream. Which transcoding are you using I believe I read somewhere that H.264 + AAC(TS) might be the best!?

Thanks

Guest mxbob
I am trying to do the same but never used VLC before - would you be able to publish some hints/tips on how to set this up. I am using Windows to stream. Which transcoding are you using I believe I read somewhere that H.264 + AAC(TS) might be the best!?

Thanks

in vlc go to advanced open file and select your file(s)

at the bottom where it says play click the little arrow next to it and select stream then click next

next to where it now says file click the arrow and select rtsp and click add

in the path box type stream.sdp after the / (so it reads /stream.sdp) under transcoding make sure activate transcoding is ticked and select H.264+AAC (TS) (or whatever profile you find works Rockplayer can play most files ive thrown at it from my sd card) then click next.

select stream all elementary streams and click stream and vlc shuld start streaming

make a html file containing <br><a href="rtsp://youripaddress/stream.sdp">stream</a><br> and copy it to your vega

load the browser and open your html file (use file://etc../stream.html to open it. iFileManager will tell you the location) click the stream link tell it to use rockplayer and the stream should start playing but it sometimes takes a while to start

its streaming pretty badly for me at the moment and the video can be unwatchable at times but let me know how you get on.