Clockwork Recovery Mod problem

Guest ChrisJ

I installed Clockword Recovery Mod from the market but I'm having no joy with it.

After flashing the recovery and then rebooting to get into the recovery menu, all I get after selecting option 2 is a blank screen. The only way to get back is by pulling the battery.

I tried flashing the CWM rom from fastboot but now I'm not getting Fastboot detect either.

It's an O2 locked device, now running the 12821 release (now with 31800-EU Baseband) and Fard's 309 recovery.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest spences10
Thanks, I'll try that. Just need to get fastboot detect working now so I can flash it.

There's no reason that CWR Mod would have messed with the Fastboot detect is there?

If you have root permissions on the ROM you are running the download terminal emulator from the market and enter the following:

assuming you have the recovery on the root of your sd

su

flash_image recovery sdcard/recovery.img

then reboot and do the usual to get into recovery :)

Guest Chris J

Thanks Spences I'll bank your answer for the future but I managed to get the USB Fastboot detect sorted.

In can anyone else suffers this problem under Windows 7 x64 here's what I did.

From a command prompt I executed the fastboot command to flash the recover image which produced the <waiting For device> message.

With the streak booted normally and detected in Device Manager, right clicked on it and selected Un-install Driver, selecting to remove the driver.

Again in Device Manager, scanned for new hardware. This found the streak but with no driver.

Right clicked to Update Driver, pointed it at the installed SDK /android-sdk-windows/usb_driver/android_winusb.inf and selected the Abdroid Bootloader Interface.

Ignored the warnings and after a bit of whirring the previous stalled Fastboot did it's thin and flashed the rom. Job done.

After pulling the batter and rebooting, selecting 2 on the recovery menu successfully launched the Clockwork Recover menu.

All sorted.

Regardless, thanks to Spences and gmottl for alternative suggestions.