2.2 release for o2 UK

Guest JimiB

Guest sukicat

Great news for our Dell Streak owners – the 2.2 Froyo update is coming this week! but dont't hold your breath !!!

Edited by sukicat

Guest utahstreak
Great news for our Dell Streak owners – the 2.2 Froyo update is coming this week! but dont't hold your breath !!!

According to twitter @stephenjatdell it's tomorrow Wednesday.

Guest Tim6772
According to twitter @stephenjatdell it's tomorrow Wednesday.

Until tomorrow comes and they (O2) decide it doesn't p155 their users off enough, then boost it back to January which gives them time to add so much bloatware there's only enough room left on your SD for a single photo :)

Guest alert_bri
if they do push it back am throwin my steak in the deep blue an diggin out my 6210

...throw it my way Dan, I'll stick Stephen's Froyo on there and be more than happy :)

Cheers

Brian

DJ_Steve save us all in time for Christmas!

If the O2 release isnt totally b0rked..

Thanks guys.

Dell has recently been doing a good job.

2.2 v 318 is very stable and fast.

I have not found any major issues

Guest illmatic75
Anyone got a link to the O2 2.2 update?

sorry dude, dont know the link addy but it sure is fast and very responsive since teh update.

only downside is the limited number of apps that one can place on a home screen other then that loving the new UI, the portrait mode and swype etc.

One thing that i just noticed was that the weather thingy doesnt update by itself for some reason, since yesterday, searching for my location while ive added it manually like a gazillion times :)

never the less, a welcomed improvement i must say ;)

Guest darklord790
Anyone got a link to the O2 2.2 update?

here is the link to download android 2.2 for o2 locked streak

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A120621

I have o2 locked streak unlocked with rebelsim and using it in India and yesterday i got notification that A new software update is available.

And i didn't install it as the rebel sim wont work. If anyone know how to unlock dell streak, please help me. Thanks in advance

Guest Owen McNally
Anyone else having issues with the hardware buttons not staying illuminated? Pain in the a**e when you're outside and it's dark!

any one else think the new UI for the streak is gash? anyone know how to revert back to the original?

Guest superutp
Anyone else having issues with the hardware buttons not staying illuminated? Pain in the a**e when you're outside and it's dark!

lol..i was wondering whether I was imagining it or was it actually happening....doesnt happen on 318 or 309 or 315...

Guest sukicat
lol..i was wondering whether I was imagining it or was it actually happening....doesnt happen on 318 or 309 or 315...

I get that has well ..maybe done to save Battery but it is a pest.

Guest Owen McNally
sorry dude, dont know the link addy but it sure is fast and very responsive since teh update.

only downside is the limited number of apps that one can place on a home screen other then that loving the new UI, the portrait mode and swype etc.

One thing that i just noticed was that the weather thingy doesnt update by itself for some reason, since yesterday, searching for my location while ive added it manually like a gazillion times :)

never the less, a welcomed improvement i must say ;)

i think the new UI is gash anyone direct me to a instruction to revert back to my 2.1?

Guest superutp
I get that has well ..maybe done to save Battery but it is a pest.

how much battery can tht save...especially when I bet noone uses the phone on full brightness and the led's also dont run on full brightness all the time..

but who knows...