Houston we have a problem

Guest T4ylor

Well it looks like if manage to break one of my Vega's. Everything was fine yesterday whilst installing a few apps etc but tonight when i have come to turn it on i can not get past the Advent screen.

When you turn it on the it say Android as normal but but as soon as Advent comes up it just shuts down. At first i thought it was becuase the battery was dead so i pluged it in for a while but its still the same.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Erm..... you don't turn it on to get it into the Advent flash mode.

Here is the sequence you need to put the Vega into the mode required for flashing the Advent 1.04 update. (not really a recovery mode)

0) Plug in the Vega to the power supply

1) Hold down BACK key

2) After 2 seconds hold down POWER key (keep back key held)

2) After 2 seconds (holding both keys) release POWER key.

4) After a further 2 seconds release the BACK key.

The whole sequence should take 6 seconds.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Erm..... you don't turn it on to get it into the Advent flash mode.

Here is the sequence you need to put the Vega into the mode required for flashing the Advent 1.04 update. (not really a recovery mode)

0) Plug in the Vega to the power supply

1) Hold down BACK key

2) After 2 seconds hold down POWER key (keep back key held)

2) After 2 seconds (holding both keys) release POWER key.

4) After a further 2 seconds release the BACK key.

The whole sequence should take 6 seconds.

I have been trying that for the best part of an hour now and the tips of my finger are going numb lol. I have never had a problem getting into that mode before but this time it just does not want to play ball.

Guest captainsensible
I have been trying that for the best part of an hour now and the tips of my finger are going numb lol. I have never had a problem getting into that mode before but this time it just does not want to play ball.

It finally worked for me when I held the power down for only about 1.5 seconds... I think if the screen backlight comes on you've gone too far!

seems i have a problem with mine

just downloaded the new 1.06 from myadventvega

was working fine, turned it off

30mins later. turn back on - and all a get is the back light lighting up

wont do anything :)

Guest nigelpwilson
seems i have a problem with mine

just downloaded the new 1.06 from myadventvega

was working fine, turned it off

30mins later. turn back on - and all a get is the back light lighting up

wont do anything :)

Have you installed clockwork recovery by any chance? Mine kept doing this almost daily until I stopped flashing clockwork mod....been fine ever since!

P.s you have to start from scratch with myadventvega rom then pauls to recover

Try flashing v1.04.

(PS - Worst thread title yet! Lol :) )

cant even get it on to the home screen. tried to get it into recovery mode by holding the buttons (2second back, 2 second bla bla bla..) with power plugged in and connected to pc but doesnt seem to be regestering as a device on my pc like last time i managed to get it into recovery mode.

just a blank screen with the back light on

"get usb device not found" when try to get 1.04 on it

Have you installed clockwork recovery by any chance? Mine kept doing this almost daily until I stopped flashing clockwork mod....been fine ever since!

downloaded pauls version from andriod market - used it to try and get my vega into recovery mode for the 1.06 update

Guest nigelpwilson
downloaded pauls version from andriod market - used it to try and get my vega into recovery mode for the 1.06 update

I'm no expert, but the market dowload is just an app to force the vega into revovery, to use it you need to have pushed the recovery image to your vega as per here

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...he-advent-vega/

cant even get it on to the home screen. tried to get it into recovery mode by holding the buttons (2second back, 2 second bla bla bla..) with power plugged in and connected to pc but doesnt seem to be regestering as a device on my pc like last time i managed to get it into recovery mode.

just a blank screen with the back light on

"get usb device not found" when try to get 1.04 on it

That was my problem i tried and tried until my fingers was numb then after a quick alcoholic drink to calm myself down i sat back down and tried it again and bobs your uncle laptop conected, re flashed and working but i had never backed anything up so 2 weeks of hardwork was lost but to be honest it could have been worst

Mirrors my experience....

only got the version from the market, nothing else installed. - is this bad? :)

It shouldn't be as it's only an app to get it to reboot through clockwork recovery. If you don't run it, it doesn't (or shouldn't :)) affect anything.

Houston we have LIFT OFF!

tried rebooting on laptop rather than desktop and shes back to life.

have lost all old files on my vega tho - DAM will have to start at level 1 again on angry birds...

o well - could have been worse

cheers for the help