ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest alpha xs
Bit late to this party, but if you use ROMDUMP there should be no need to root it, it comes with its own exploit

I'll have a look at the dump, but its possible that the 2.2 kernel wont work with our existing V9's... thats what happened with the blade...

ppl! late o not what matters is that we are here!

and there's ligth at he end of the tunnel with this news!!!

Guest Sebastian404

Well bad news, I'm afriad...

I extracted the kernel from the corrupted file, and it wont boot on my V9.. checked the kernel config...

CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02600000

So it looks like they have changed the entry address for the kernel. so we STILL need the Kernel source to get this working on the existing V9.

Invalid or Deleted File. (dump link returns: http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=320)

New link

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cyqkddw64z5247

I've made this version of clockwork mod with the 'new' 2.2 kernel..

http://www.multiupload.com/K8ZK0WOMQQ

It looks like is has a slighty different partition layout, but in theory it should work.

works, you are the best :D Thanks.

any idea why rooting not works?

Edited by Biti

Guest Sebastian404

The 2nd link works thanks, I'm just making a recovery update from the files.

You do need to modify the boot.img to get a perm root, I'll look into that too :D

The 2nd link works thanks, I'm just making a recovery update from the files.

You do need to modify the boot.img to get a perm root, I'll look into that too :D

I cooked a ROM from a nandroid backup, rooted, added busybox etc.

I don't wanna try it, cause I have a working nandroid backup, but I dunno how can I reach recovery, if bootloop, volup+power on not works here.

Here is the update ZIP (I used updater script so need 3.0+ Recovery)

http://www.mediafire.com/?uk55o60h3kpxwgg

Edited by Biti

Guest panagiotakis
I cooked a ROM from a nandroid backup, rooted, added busybox etc.

I don't wanna try it, cause I have a working nandroid backup, but I dunno how can I reach recovery, if bootloop, volup+power on not works here.

Here is the update ZIP (I used updater script so need 3.0+ Recovery)

http://www.mediafire.com/?uk55o60h3kpxwgg

So i Did use this zip to update the tablet and i got a continuous reboot, android logo and reboot again and again.

Here is an update image that should return you to stock:

TELENOR_V9V1.0.0B02-NO_RECOVERY-update_signed.zip

Then i tried this file and it failed to write the recovery image so now i have no access to android and no access to clockwork

so i NEED IMMEDIATE HELP!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Guest Sebastian404

apropos of nothing..

Here is my customized 2.1 rom, I did the usual de-branding thing, fixes, rooted, replaced the ZTE dialer with the stock one, updated the google apps, updated apn list, etc, etc, etc....

I've been sitting on it for a while since I was hoping for the kernel source, but since everyone is keen on 2.2, I though I'd put it out ..

http://www.multiupload.com/2YVWX9MTUD

If we ever get our own forum, it will get it's own Thread :D

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
So i Did use this zip to update the tablet and i got a continuous reboot, android logo and reboot again and again.

Then i tried this file and it failed to write the recovery image so now i have no access to android and no access to clockwork

so i NEED IMMEDIATE HELP!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

What did you flash it to? they wont work on the older V9/Light devices...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest panagiotakis

I have a V9 from Cosmote Greece with COSMOTE_V9V1.0.0B06.

Well i had clockwork 3.0.0.5 and tried to flash the new roms. Now the device keeps rebooting and stacks when i try to go in recovery mode! I can't do anything.

Android 2.1 of course.

Edited by panagiotakis

I have a bigger problem, I just changed my framework-res.apk to a skinned one, and phone not booting, android text reloading all time, no recovery available, I cannot able to get adb, what can I do now? :D

An idea how to get adb work or go to recovery?

Edited by Biti

Guest panagiotakis
I have a bigger problem, I just changed my framework-res.apk to a skinned one, and phone not booting, android text reloading all time, no recovery available, I cannot able to get adb, what can I do now? :D

How come you have a bigger problem. Do you know the answer to solve mine?

How come you have a bigger problem. Do you know the answer to solve mine?

Try to flash back your old boot image withfastboot than go to recovery and do a nand backup, how you get recovery? what keys?

Guest liberie
Try to flash back your old boot image withfastboot than go to recovery and do a nand backup, how you get recovery? what keys?

hehehe problem is fastboot is not working (I'm on the same situation) only available menu is FTM (which fastboot or adb doesn't support)

Guest panagiotakis

I am using Windows 7 64bit and i haven't yet been able to get fastboot to work. I don't why, perhaps i don't have the appropriate drivers. So i flashed the recovery using the Rom Manager by swapping files with Sebastian's img's. The Keys are VOL Down + Power.

I got FBU mode or what with vol down + power, when ADB not works.

OK I installed a windows XP under VMWare, than when I started my phone it installed the drivers for the handset I pushed adb reboot recovery several times and it works.

Edited by Biti

Guest panagiotakis
I got FBU mode or what with vol down + power, when ADB not works.

So i just found the correct drivers and it was recognized ok!

While Rebooting over and over i pressed the Vol Down and stuck into Android Logo. Connected the Usb used the correct driver and flashed recovery with fastboot. So Now i restored the Backup i had with Clockwork 3.0.0.5 and everything is back to normal.

So my device will never get Froyo? I mean all this waiting was for new zte v9's meaning what exactly?

While Rebooting over and over i pressed the Vol Down and stuck into Android Logo. Connected the Usb used the correct driver and flashed recovery with fastboot. So Now i restored the Backup i had with Clockwork 3.0.0.5 and everything is back to normal.

So my device will never get Froyo? I mean all this waiting was for new zte v9's meaning what exactly?

I shared my files maybe experts can merge this with your devices.

Guest panagiotakis
I shared my files maybe experts can merge this with your devices.

Well i can't find any difference on the specifications of OLD and NEW Devices.

Everything looks the same.

Well let's hope the Experts will create something so we can enjoy 2.2 at least.

PS. Thanks for the Dump.

Now I need to know one thing now, I reflashed my ROM (rooted, added busybox, bash) but root access still not working, it says phone rooted but not request for su permissions when start a root required app, how can I fix it? And anybody can help me to OC CPU to 800MHZ? :D

Guest panagiotakis
Now I need to know one thing now, I reflashed my ROM (rooted, added busybox, bash) but root access still not working, it says phone rooted but not request for su permissions when start a root required app, how can I fix it? And anybody can help me to OC CPU to 800MHZ? :D

I wish i could help you by testing on 2.2

Though even on 2.1 the only thing that worked for me was Latest Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta5 and the latest SU v2.3.1-ef from Rom Manager Extras.

Edited by panagiotakis

I wish i could help you by testing on 2.2

Though even on 2.1 the only thing that worked for me was Latest Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta5 and the latest SU v2.3.1-ef from Rom Manager Extras.

SuperOneClick under Windows XP semms to be OK :D

Guest liberie

Even pressing volume down the Android logo on mine stays up some seconds then continues to boot, and leave me o a White screen with FTM letters in black

I never imagined that a wrong rom could also affect fastboot with ZTE devices

I did rooted the original Vodafone image and flashed another image with the same keys before , now looks like I have a paper weight :D