Dell Streak - Unlock Options

Guest mdwg2020

Guest mdwg2020

Is there anyway to change the phone unlock feature to use the settings physical key as it did in the US base 1.6 version? I find my phone never wants to unlock when I have phone calls or I just want to plane use my phone. Seems extremely glitchy.

I am currently running the Dell 2.2 image.

Guest offthahorse
Is there anyway to change the phone unlock feature to use the settings physical key as it did in the US base 1.6 version? I find my phone never wants to unlock when I have phone calls or I just want to plane use my phone. Seems extremely glitchy.

I am currently running the Dell 2.2 image.

i know exactly what youre talking about. i dont take calls on my streak but sometimes the slide to unlock will not respond. i just use No Lock this lets the screen time out but does not lock the phone up, you can bring it back by pressing volume,cam or the power button

Guest mdwg2020
i beleive it is called menu unlock in the market.... or use no lock.

Thanks I am currently trying "No Lock", but not 100% sure what it does.

Unfortunately I cannot disable locking as my corporate email policy forces a pin enforced lock mechanism for the phone.

By the way, my phone has this issue all of the time (5-10 times a day), so I guess you guys have it pretty good compared to me.

Guest mdwg2020
Thanks I am currently trying "No Lock", but not 100% sure what it does.

Unfortunately I cannot disable locking as my corporate email policy forces a pin enforced lock mechanism for the phone.

By the way, my phone has this issue all of the time (5-10 times a day), so I guess you guys have it pretty good compared to me.

So I purchased "MenuUnlock" from the app store, and it says the device has to be rooted. I download Universal Androot (1.6.2), but it will not root my device. Can I go back to the older boot.img files for superboot? I am currently running the Dell 2.2 build.

I have had no problem rooting my device in the past when adding all of the different images and Steve android builds. Curious.

So I purchased "MenuUnlock" from the app store, and it says the device has to be rooted. I download Universal Androot (1.6.2), but it will not root my device. Can I go back to the older boot.img files for superboot? I am currently running the Dell 2.2 build.

I have had no problem rooting my device in the past when adding all of the different images and Steve android builds. Curious.

Are you running the latest 2.2 (318)? If so, download SuperOneClick from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Guest mdwg2020
Let me try this. I am running 2.2 but the build number is 11548 (came from the release that Steve supplied "Dell Untouched").

Excellent, that works beautifully and has made this think definitely usable again. Thank you all so much.