Could we Rotate Android Screen Manually, not by sensor?

Guest tybly

As we know, when we turn off sensor, we stay on landscape.

So are there some applications which could Rotate Android Screen Manually and keep the screen portrait always. Such as keeping portrait forever when we are using browser, SMS, google reader , google talk , email etc.

ths

---------------------------------------

i am using official 2.2 318 rom

Edited by tybly

i try adw, launcher pro , GED, dell home applications, and none of them could stay on portrait without sensor.

As we know, when we turn off sensor, we stay on landscape.

So are there some applications which could Rotate Android Screen Manually and keep the screen portrait always. Such as keeping portrait forever when we are using browser, SMS, google reader , google talk , email etc.

ths

---------------------------------------

i am using official 2.2 318 rom

Edited by tybly

Guest stillerwinter
i try adw, launcher pro , GED, dell home applications, and none of them could stay on portrait without sensor.

Yes, sadly I too didn't find a real solution to this problem. Dell baked the ROM with the orientation standard being landscape (normally in android it's portrait). Shame on them! Nothing than problems with that.

My only workaround is to use ADW.launcher with the system persistent option on. Then the launcher is forced in portrait mode. The rest of the system can use the sensor to orient itself.

Why, why did Dell screwed so with the system? Such Kartoffelköpfe.