Deleted Camera App By Accident

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Hi,

I was playing around with Titanium backup and i backed up the camera app and then uninstalled it. Problem is Titanium backup shows the app grayed with a line crossing it out and no option to restore. Apparently TB does not support system apps.

There is a compressed file com.android.camera-20101213-213611.tar in the TB folder. Is there a way to manually restore from that file?

Is there any other way of restoring this app without factory reset?

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
On the other thread (1.5 Mod thread) there is a problem with the calendar app.

Steve gave us a link to his downloads section which has all the system apk's

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/app/

There is a camera one in there. Are you running DJ Steve's 1.5.0 ROM? If so I guess that should work?

No I'm running official with Steve's kernel performance fix. Can anyone comfirm this will work?

Edit: just tried to install it but it was unsuccessful. There is another cameraEM app in titanium backup, do I have to remove this one as well?

Edited by Sotiris Lekkas

Guest c.russell

again referencing the other thread - we had to copy the apk to the device /system/app folder using adb push or root explorer

chmod 644 the apk's for the permissions and then reboot. didnt need to actually run the apk

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
again referencing the other thread - we had to copy the apk to the device /system/app folder using adb push or root explorer

chmod 644 the apk's for the permissions and then reboot. didnt need to actually run the apk

Thanks man, this worked just fine.

P.S. I also deleted an app that was called CameraEM. Do you have any idea what this does?

When i click on the video that i just recorded so i can watch it and press play i get this error:

can't open content://media/external/video/media/7 to play

Edited by Sotiris Lekkas

Guest c.russell

Hi,

Cant find anything on CameraEM on google or on my phone. So no idea what that is.

Im not sure what the problem is causing the playback issues. is it just the camcorder that doesnt work or the camera as well?

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
Hi,

Cant find anything on CameraEM on google or on my phone. So no idea what that is.

Im not sure what the problem is causing the playback issues. is it just the camcorder that doesnt work or the camera as well?

If you go in titanium backup you will see it right there after camera 1. Can you actually do a real backup with my backup or another software and send it to me? The camcorder records fine and i can open the video from the gallery. I only get that error when i try to open the video within the camera app. The camera works fine. Theres is also an audioEM. I think EM stands for EXTERNAL MEDIA but i'm not 100%. Please try to find it with root explorer and send it to me.

I really really really appreciate your help.

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
camaera EM is theengineering mode app - not entirely sure what it does though

Thanks Steve. You think you could send it to me so I can manually place back?