New phone, now what?

Guest neil tring

Guest neil tring

A couple of weeks ago i bricked my Streak, with the help of quite a few guys in the irc channel we realised that i was screwed. Sent it in to o2 and they nicely replaced it.

But now what, im stuck on crappy 1.6 which is a pain as im used to Stephens very nice builds.

Do i now wait for froyo officially or do i go through and root/rom my phone again.?

Guest ClippinWings

I'm in the US on AT&T, but....

I shattered my LCD last weekend.

Dell replacement should arrive today or tomorrow.

My plan:

I'm going straight to MiUi Alpha 1, to play with it, since my phone will be "factory reset" by default, no harm in playing around with it before I...

go to StreakDroid 1.5

There is no way i could cope with Dell's 1.6 or 2.2, Both are a horribly tragic waste of this device..

Guest neil tring
Could always use a custom rom then try out the O2 one when it's released. No doubt Stephen will add any enhancements from the O2 into his build :)

Yeh but i have badword up a streak once from custom roms :) Kinda puts the fear into you

I too am waitin for 02 release

Am i right in thinking that because we've had to wait so long that they've had long enough to get it right

Well thats what im hoping anyway

Guest neil tring

and to top it all off? My streak will not charge in either the USB port or the mains..... fml

Took my Streak back to o2 to see if they could charge it, they couldnt. So now have to send it back to Dell to get ANOTHER replacement.

Im in two minds to sell my replacement Streak and get a less troublesome phone. Still android, maybe a HTC or something.

Edited by neil tring