Is there a launcher that looks and works like the huawei one?

Guest D-D-

I know that the topic title is long, but i think that it is better like that because no one will get confused or think that i found one.

Oh yes. I hope it will work on the cm6 mode, cause i kinda made it wotk on flb, but i think it would be better on cm6.

Edited by D-D-

Guest AntonioPT
I know that the topic title is long, but i think that it is better like that because no one will get confused or think that i found one.

Oh yes. I hope it will work on the cm6 mode, cause i kinda made it wotk on flb, but i think it would be better on cm6.

Well, if you really like that launcher (it sucks IMHO :)) just try to install the APK, it may just work.

If you don't have the APK say something and I'll extract it from the 2.1 stock ROM.

Hah... I have the apk, but I tried just to push it.

I have a problem + cause I don't know which xmls to edit to change the default message, contacts (and something else) applications, cause the default launcher wants the apps that are default huawei.

--

And is there an official 2.2 rom for any huawei phone that has the same resolution as the pulse?

Edited by D-D-

Guest McSpoon

That bug only occurred for people who weren't using a T-Mobile sim. So you're right, it might be possible to fix it by moving a XML file in the Launcher.apk.

If you were to overwrite the file /res/layout-port/bottom_bar.xml by copying the version from /res/layout-mcc234-mnc30-port/bottom_bar.xml then that might work.

What I believe is happening is this: For T-Mobile UK users it uses /res/layout-mcc234-mnc30-port/bottom_bar.xml (the T-Mobile UK network codes are MCC=234 MNC=30). I'm guessing you're not using T-Mobile so your MCC and MNC codes will be different causing it use one of other bottom_bar.xml files (if it cannot find a version matching for your MMC and MNC network settings then it will default to using /res/layout-port/bottom_bar.xml). So copying the file /res/layout-mcc234-mnc30-port/bottom_bar.xml into the /res/layout-port/ folder might work. You would then have to sign the Launcher.apk after you've modified it.

That's just a guess. I'm not sure. I use a different Launcher so I don't plan on trying it out.

And is there an official 2.2 rom for any huawei phone that has the same resolution as the pulse?

The U8800 is supposed to be Android 2.2 with the same resolution but I've never found any U8800 firmware.

The u8800 is renamed into IDEOS X5 (I think).

And about the T-mo thingy up there.

I wasn't talking about editing those things. I was talking about changing the icons and the links to the icons. I first tried the one in the flb mod and saw that it was made with 5 button dock but the tmo was made with 4 buttons and that was why it didn't worked with the green one. The buttons are differently assigned.

So I changed the names of the pics inside the apk but didn't signed it and I knew that I needed to do that, so that's why I didn't try it.

And I tried the same apps that I used in the 2.1 on the 2.2 but didn't worked (even the widgets won't work).

So it must be a different problem.

Guest add.thebad
The u8800 is renamed into IDEOS X5 (I think).

yeah ive been digging and since they look the same and specs are the same im pretty sure it has. hopefully ready for launch here cos it looks like a good devive with hd recording and the same snappy processor in the g2.

hopefullt t mob will pick this up and make it the seccond pulse

Guest pulses32

Well, if you really like that launcher (it sucks IMHO :)) just try to install the APK, it may just work.

If you don't have the APK say something and I'll extract it from the 2.1 stock ROM.

Guest IceXcube84

I use Zeam Launcher on my Huawei U8220 and my Samsung Galaxy S and its working perfect :)

Its not a Huawei one but its much better then i think.

Here is a link to the thread on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664149

You find it on the market and its free

Try it out =)

Edited by IceXcube84