6.1 NewLife English by jacobn

Guest jacobn

Guest badmania98

I have got an error on Resco Explorer 2010 v 8.0, when I try to acces the Storage card or My Storage ( see the picture).

My version:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000EUIH5

PHONE: I8000XXJC1

post-451289-1298655822_thumb.jpg

post-451289-1298655695_thumb.jpg

Continouslly touch the screen result in:

post-451289-1298655703_thumb.jpg

Edited by badmania98

I have got an error on Resco Explorer 2010 v 8.0, when I try to acces the Storage card or My Storage ( see the picture).

Resco Explorer 2010 incorrectly works on WM 6.1.

For WM 6.1 it is better to use Resco Explorer 2008.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bobfrantic

I want to use your 6.1_NewLife_EN_1.2 rom. Had it on my phone and loved it!!! But no matter what music player I used, it would stop the music after 10 mins. I turned off all sleep functions in the power options. Tried it with S2U2 and the default lock screen and even with no lockscreen. Nothing worked in keeping the music playing. Any ideas on how to stop it stopping the music? Hope so, cause it is the best rom I have used and I do prefer 6.1 to 6.5. Also it is nice to have the touchplayer controls on the default lock. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide or anyone else who can help.

Guest jacobn
But no matter what music player I used, it would stop the music after 10 mins.

Specially played music of 30-40 mins with LockScreen and without. Music did not stop.

Most likely it is necessary to search for the reason in the installed programs (not from ROM).

Edited by jacobn

Guest bobfrantic
Specially played music of 30-40 mins with LockScreen and without. Music did not stop.

Most likely it is necessary to search for the reason in the installed programs (not from ROM).

Yep, seems to be a problem with Touch Player, and lockscreen. Same thing happened in a stock 6.1 rom but I was able to listen to music for an hour with PocketMusic, and lockscreen turned off. I let PocketMusic shut off the screen after 10 seconds and had no trouble. Makes me wonder why put those controls on the lockscreen for Touch Player if it won't let it play more than 10 minutes with screen off LOL... so back to your rom, thanks for the response! :D

Guest jacobn

Has found the information. It is possible to experiment:

WMP plays at the switched off screen

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]

"UnattendedPlayback"=dword:1

At the switched off screen - the player continues to play (for installed players)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Unattended]

"wav1:"=dword:4 -> 2

Guest bobfrantic
Has found the information. It is possible to experiment:

WMP plays at the switched off screen

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]

"UnattendedPlayback"=dword:1

At the switched off screen - the player continues to play (for installed players)

"wav1:"=dword:4 -> 2

Thanks!!!!! Will give these settings at test and report back with how they work. Right now tho with your 2.1 rom the PocketMusic player played with blank screen for 45 mins until I got home. Appreciate the information here and will tell you how it went after further testing.... :D

Update. Music plays with blank screen but not with Lockscreen active. Most puzzling. But I can use touchplayer now also without it stopping as long as lockscreen is turned off. I made both the above changes in registry but also added one more that I think helped:

I created a new Dword entry

"wma1:"=dword:2

I can live with this now, thanks for the settings :D

Edited by bobfrantic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest badmania98

My version:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000EUIH5

PHONE: I8000XXJC1

post-451289-1298655822_thumb.jpg

post-451289-1298655695_thumb.jpg

Continouslly touch the screen result in:

post-451289-1298655703_thumb.jpg

Resco Explorer 2010 incorrectly works on WM 6.1.

For WM 6.1 it is better to use Resco Explorer 2008.

I found the answer. The Finger Suite creates the problem. I have desactivated the fFinger suite and now everything is ok.

Guest mat9v

Rapidshare reports both file "not present" or removed......

Working again. Must have been some temporary problems....

Edited by mat9v

Guest bobfrantic
Added post new ROMs 6.5 JJ1 (Lite and Sense 2.1):

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...lish-by-jacobn/

Is found problem with localization Opera10.

If it is necessary, correction of localization Opera10: Localization_Opera10.cab

In the first post has corrected

Tried the new 6.5 JJ1 rom, it worked well and smooth. Came back to the 6.1 lite 2.2 rom though, didn't like how the gwes.exe in 6.5 got so bloated. What I am trying to do now is make a change in the registry for the lockscreen so that it will let me change the image throught photo instead of having to use the lockscreen settings cpl. After restart though the change is no longer there. Any ideas on how to make the change stick?

HKCU->Software->Samsung->Lockscreen: show 0 (want to change to

post-746506-1302597782_thumb.png

Any help will be most welcome. :)

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest jacobn

Fix for Sense 2.1 (TFlo3Dv2.1 6.1 and 6.5)

Has noticed, that on the Messages tab of Manila the text of links of black color, i.e. them it is completely not visible.

Correction, color as at the body text: fix_manilamessage.cab(before installation to unload Manila)

Edited by jacobn

Guest Cadang

There are something with 6.1 roms.

- Your TF3D 6.1 rom seem not smooth as your TF3D 6.5.

- I use power button to wake up the phone and in setting I choose Lock or Power button but the phone always wake up with any button.

- The phone dont lock again after receive incoming call.

Guest jacobn
There are something with 6.1 roms.

- Your TF3D 6.1 rom seem not smooth as your TF3D 6.5.

- I use power button to wake up the phone and in setting I choose Lock or Power button but the phone always wake up with any button.

- The phone dont lock again after receive incoming call.

It as a result of replacement SettingMain on OEM from 6.5

In standard 6.1 are available only:

- Lock button only

- Any button

In 6.5 it is added:

- Lock on Power

Works as it has turned out :)

Guest jacobn
I got 2 problems:

- Backlight dont light up after unlock screen.

- I enable SS UI and found no way to disable it.

I ask to describe more in detail problems, I have not absolutely understood...

Guest deadcore

i try your ROM TF3D wm6.5 and i just want to say,that i really2 love your ROM,... :)

i just want to ask Sir,which are the best fast/free RAM/battery life between your ROM TF3D wm6.5 or ROM TF3D wm6.1??

thx for the answer

Guest Cadang
I ask to describe more in detail problems, I have not absolutely understood...

before screen go off, it will turn off backlight and screen look so dark, my problem is it alway in dark state.

other problem is i enable samsung UI it replace default action of start menu with mainmenu, and in mainmenu there no samsung UI setting to disable it. Now i cant access windows setting menu.

sorry about my english.

Guest jacobn
Backlight dont light up after unlock screen.
before screen go off, it will turn off backlight and screen look so dark, my problem is it alway in dark state.
Sorry, i do not understand a problem ...

other problem is i enable samsung UI it replace default action of start menu with mainmenu, and in mainmenu there no samsung UI setting to disable it. Now i cant access windows setting menu.
Disable Samsung UI (TouchWiz):

Settings-> System-> Installed Items-> Samsung TouchWiz