AT&T HSDPA/HSUPA tweaks?

Guest chrisrotolo

Guest chrisrotolo

Im on Dell Streak locked to AT&T runnin 305 "official" 2.2.

I always have the "H" icon ( which I changed icon back to say 3G),

my speedtest.net results max out around 2.5-3mbps

I get around 1mbps in my office at work but Im large building an not good reception.

I would like to know if anyone know any tweaks to increase the speeds; such as editing build.prop, which I saw somewhere on xda for another t-mobile device;

or even somewhere in the engineering codes, etc. or by dialing the #data# codes

I think it was like ro.build.hsxpa=_ ; because I think the device can be set to a certain level of HSPA such as 1.8,3.6,and 7.2

I think there is good reception here in Hartford,CT, I think I got 4mbs down on my old iphone 4.

I saw the thread yesterday on xda about throttling, it looks a bit involved though, and I dont think Im being throittled here, I think it may actually be set in the build, I dont know... Senior members... @fards, @DJ_Steve.....any ideas ?

Thanks everyone.

here is what some info from my build.prop

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8

ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

ro.ril.hep=1

ro.ril.enabledtm=1

#ro.ril.enablea53=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

ro.ril.gprsclass=32

Edited by chrisrotolo

Guest untrueparadox

your fix doesnt do much on at&t. hsxpa is for regulating the 3g modes. i believe 0 is no hsdpa and umts, 1 is umts, and 2 is hsdpa + umts or something like that. hsdpa cat is just the channels, you cant change it anyway because hardware wont support anything other than the at&t bands. as for gprsclass 32, we dont support it here in the states so 32 wont do anything.

Guest chrisrotolo

its not a fix, I was looking for help, It looks like I'm at the highest settings, maybe there was something else that could be done to speed it up a bit.