Did anyone get official O2 Froyo today?

Guest RedSlug

Guest superutp
I cant get passed backup

What am i missing

do u mean the backup on the update url page?

in tht case u need to first download n install the dell backup n restore software..once u do tht it allows u to go on with the update...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FRAFRA2986
depends on which version u r on...

if u are on anything official from dell then just rename the pkg to update.pkg....go to recovery and install it...

anything else like steve's froyo versions then U need to flash the stock recovery first..

Thanks!!!! But I'm not sure I had first the unofficial 2.1 but then I think I installed the official one.....how can I check which one i'm in???

Guest superutp
Thanks!!!! But I'm not sure I had first the unofficial 2.1 but then I think I installed the official one.....how can I check which one i'm in???

go to settings>about phone and chk ur build number....if it 8105 means its official 2.1..if its 6941 then its unofficial...

but either ways I think the update should work...

Guest chrisrotolo
one problem...

I am unable to root the 319 build using universal androot and cant find z4 root in the market...

wts my next option???

try superoneclick..

Guest sukicat
please people front cam issues? is it working as normal in cam app and 3rd party apps such as fring..

go ahead crush my hopes, Im ready..

Tested the Cam and front and back works fine but not tested it with Fling.

I keep getting an error when installing it will go as far as installing then comes up with,

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.fota.model") == "02" II getprop("ro.product.fota.model") =="" E:Error in sdcard/update.pkg.dec (status 7) error

Edited by m4tt24

Guest mancterrier
I keep getting an error when installing it will go as far as installing then comes up with,

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.fota.model") == "02" II getprop("ro.product.fota.model") =="" E:Error in sdcard/update.pkg.dec (status 7) error

Yes thats it. Same here...

Guest Johnny82
hmm ok cool...no point giving u instructions on it I guess....since U wud've tried it already...

Works on my win7 notebook and pcs as well (3 total). All I had to do was plug in, then go to device manager to update drivers on the android 1.0 device. From memory, I then chose choose my own driver, then I clicked on "show all". It took a moment for the list to come up, then I scrolled down to Google Inc and installed ADB. I tried all 3 (bootloader, composite and whatever the other was), and all worked the same for me.

Sorry if you already tried that, but you never know... lol

Just installed o2 2.2 from o2 2.1

Im using rebel sim and i now cant connect to t-mobile, gives me the no sim crap.

plus it looks god awful

so im going to try and install steves 1.5 nobaseband

sorry im not too knowledgable about all this, but do i have to install a 2.1 first, then try to install steves 1.5?

also what exactly is fastboot, i know its a mode you can access on the phone, but do i need to install some kind of client on my pc? i have win7 64bit and when i get fastboot.exe from the htc website it just gives me an error.

Guest JADabandon

Omg, im finally on Froyo!

Im using a AT&T locked Streak that came with Android 1.6.. the 'over the air update' promised by Dell and AT&T never came through for me.. so I took the path many did and tried manually update them selves.. after several attempts and almost bricking my phone.. I wound up on the O2 1.6, then O2 2.1 and now O2. Using a O2 rom was kinda akward at first, being in the states with AT&T.. but so far its working fine! Going from O2 1.6 to O2 2.1 only gave a few network data issues but a factory reset fixed that, and doing the O2 2.1 to O2 2.2 this morning was painless! All of my contacts,software, wallpapers are all still here! Network is working! And I finally have Adobe Flash!

Thank you Modaco Community!

For those getting the fota error, check build.prop

There should be a line that says

ro.product.fota.model=O2

Directly above the commented out line

Also check the product is streak

So it should look like this, I presume that's what it's looking for

ro.product.fota.model=O2

# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device

ro.build.product=streak

Guest superutp

any chance that fards system tweaks for improving battery (replacing the sysctl.conf and init.streak.post_boot files) will work on this...I guess it should right??

Edited by superutp

For those getting the fota error, check build.prop

There should be a line that says

ro.product.fota.model=O2

Directly above the commented out line

Also check the product is streak

So it should look like this, I presume that's what it's looking for

ro.product.fota.model=O2

# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device

ro.build.product=streak

Thanks just reflashed 8105 instead soon as i did update was waiting for me, wow how old does 2.1 look. :)

Guest sukicat

Just Notice that the new 2.2 has The update Market ..looks very smart

I have tried most of the settings (Camera front and back/Video/Wifi etc.)

and all seems to work fine ..will keep testing.

Guest Truenash
You? Running factory? Say it ain't so!!

Eh?

Also, cleared Dalvik, and now battery use seems on par with 2.1 with fards changes, so far.

Also, Sukicat, I actually have a cat called Suki :)

Guest sukicat
Eh?

Also, cleared Dalvik, and now battery use seems on par with 2.1 with fards changes, so far.

Also, Sukicat, I actually have a cat called Suki :)

So did I ..a Siamese