Help: Phone hangs ending task through task manager

Guest guamzintrusion19

Guest guamzintrusion19

Hello again! Sorry for all the trouble, I seem to be getting a lot of issues after flashing. It's been two months since I last flashed my phone, I seem to can't remember the settings I had before. Anyway, here is my problem.

Currently, everytime I use Resco Task Manager to end applications, the phone would hang and even if I wait for 5 mins it get stuck there until the phone turns off itself. It won't turn on until I remove the battery of the phone. This especially happens when I end task the active sync app or if the cursor hits it. I never experienced this problem before when ending task. Please help.

Guest guamzintrusion19
i think the issue is with rescobtask manager, ubshud use the default task manger, if still it dsnt help then ibadvice u to flash sum stable rom

I think it may not have something to do with the ROM. I've been using the same ROM for the past three months and everything was great. I'm also using resco manager then and it doesn't do this. It's just recently I did some modifications which did not turn out well and since it affected the speed of the phone even after removing the modification, I decided to reflash the phone with the same ROM. This is already the third time I reflashed the phone and the same thing is happening.

But I'll check with the default task manager. Is there any other task manager that's good to use aside from the default?

Guest guamzintrusion19
i think the issue is with rescobtask manager, ubshud use the default task manger, if still it dsnt help then ibadvice u to flash sum stable rom

I'm still getting the same issue even after just using the default task bar. I'll go ahead and try flashing a different ROM now. I really hope this solves the problem. It's such a pain rebooting the phone several times a day. :)

Guest Princeagarwal
I'm still getting the same issue even after just using the default task bar. I'll go ahead and try flashing a different ROM now. I really hope this solves the problem. It's such a pain rebooting the phone several times a day. :)

may b u hav installed smthng thats nt cmatible with ur rom

u knw the custom roms hav there flaws and after u install sum particular programs the flaws begin to show

so try out a new rom n let us knw if its resolved

Guest Thunder141
I think it may not have something to do with the ROM. I've been using the same ROM for the past three months and everything was great. I'm also using resco manager then and it doesn't do this. It's just recently I did some modifications which did not turn out well and since it affected the speed of the phone even after removing the modification, I decided to reflash the phone with the same ROM. This is already the third time I reflashed the phone and the same thing is happening.

But I'll check with the default task manager. Is there any other task manager that's good to use aside from the default?

dotfred taskmanager is my choice.

I also would recommend to flash a complete stock rom with csc and mst part to remove all crap from your phone and then try to flash a custom rom again.

Guest guamzintrusion19
dotfred taskmanager is my choice.

I also would recommend to flash a complete stock rom with csc and mst part to remove all crap from your phone and then try to flash a custom rom again.

I tried changing the USB setting to Storage card and I haven't restarted for a day. Although, I'm using the default task manager which I don't really prefer since it doesn't give me the MB remaining. I'll try the task manager you mentioned. Thanks! :)

Hmm, I'm curious about flashing stock rom with CSC and MST part. I've never done that before. How would I know a stock rom? and if it has those parts mentioned? do you use a different flashing tool than the octans mini? I think this is really what I need...

So I've been searching around and what I read was stock rom = original rom from manufacturer.

What I tried doing was not flash but change language to spanish and back again to english. This loaded the original ROM the phone has when I first got it. I'm not sure though if that will also delte/remove all the other crap in my phone. After I did that I reflashed the phone to the old custom rom that I was using, change usb setting to storage card, and used default task manager. And this is when I was able to use the phone for a day without having to restart. Is this enough? Will I get the same result by changing language instead of flashing stock rom with csc and mst part?

Edited by guamzintrusion19