O2 v DJ Steve 1.5

Guest drewesq

Guest drewesq

So, as the title says, I am rocking DJ Steves 1.5 and think it is pretty sh*thot, just wondering if anyone has downloaded O2's 2.2 and what they think of it compared to Steve's??

Things I am curious about is signal, 3G, HSDPA.....

Please discuss!!

Guest adzman808

not tried 319 or 1.5

(so maybes i should shut up)

but have tried 318 and 1.4.6

it's hard to make a direct comparison...

imHo

steve's 1.4.6 is faster, less full of crap, smoother & has better core core apps, but the odd issue eg sound settings FC, usb tethering probs

318 is a little clunky & less smooth & has loads of worthless* shite you have to pay for (zinio, co pilot etc) but everything works

hth?

*obv if u want zinio etc & are happy to pay then not so bad

Guest rahulkadukar

I have used 1.5 not the O2 one, but I last used the official O2 update for 2.1 I think it was 8105. I simply love the 1.5 because Steve has completely removed all crap and on benchmarks around it simply ***** the Official update which although not an indicator of speed or performance still shows that this is fast :)

Guest drewesq

Cool, I do like it.

I also seem to have an issue when tapping out texts, sometimes when trying to add symbols it forces the keyboard to close neccesitating you to tap on the box to open the keyboard again.

Have you noticed this? Could anyone confirm that Steve's 1.5.1 fixes this?!

Guest drewesq

that's a good idea, I do like the fact on Steve's ROM that you can choose which launcher you would like to use, personally I didn't like the Dell Stage. To be fair, steve's ROM is pretty much perfect for the streak.

Guest superutp

i used steve's 1.5 before shifting to o2's rom for ' official' reasons..:)..

1.5 is super fast....doesnt have crapware as mentioned before....on the downside it atleast for me had some issues with 3G and gps....

o2's rom is fast, stable enuf...has crapware..but is overall usable and nice.....

though my final verdict falls towards 1.5 mainly because how featherlight and snappy the rom is....and obviously the continuous development being done on it helps...

if u're not too interested in constant updates and fiddling with the phone then o2's rom is for u...

me on the other hand am waiting to shift back to 1.5.1...:)

Edited by superutp

Guest drewesq

yeah, I am trying to decide whether to move over to the o2 version. I won't say for warranty reasons because the last time I spoke to o2 about warranty they told me if they needed to send me out a replacement then it would be a reconditioned one, not a new one....!

I only enquired because of the whole unlock screen slide thing that seems to work sometimes but not other times. Mind you, the same used to happen with my iphone too...

I'm gonna update to 1.5.1 later, and maybe add the battery percentage thingy that I saw on streaksmart earlier....

318 vs steve s

318 is more stable and fast enough. I have not seen any lags. but has crapware but who cares. I dont use them and it never bothers me.

Steves - was the best till 318 came out. Less of crapware. However there are certain things that are buggy Most imp being the autorotation is still a big finnicky. May be a tad slow to respond compared to stock but annoying at times. Camera too the same.

However i have not tried 1.5.1 nor 319 yet. Will try that today and see how he has changed things.

Edited by Gopu

Guest adzman808

play this game CAREFULLY

but if u root ur 318 & browse to system/app & move or delete (move to a sd back up folder imho) the stuff you don't want then you can clean up 318 yourself :)

I'm on 318 and rooted. Removed all the nonsense apps, applied performance fix (quadrant score 1620+), install third party apps for launcher and widgets. No problem watsoever. Imho, it's better to customize yourself.

But thanks to steve for the custom rom too as he provides quick boost to those not familiar with android.