Huawei 3G USB Dongle Support (need volunteers)

Guest JordanT92

Guest ChazW123
I believe thats for the ePad 7, not the P10. I've had a look through the entire FTP to no avail, but i'll actually download the image hosted there and take a look.

Yeah looks to be the wrong one again, sorry!

Hopefully the P10 one will end up on that FTP though soon :)

Guest 2old2mould
I know what you mean about hangovers :)

Thanks for the info. Now to decide if I want to tie myself into a contract (would probably go for the 15G/month at £18.33 just cos it's a known amount) or do PAYG. Problem is, I'm not sure if I'd use 100M/month or 10G/month (I can be a heavy user and it would provide a backup incase we lost internet connection here which does happen occasionally)...

In that case, go for the PAYG option at first and monitor your usage using the dashboard that the device installs. I definitely do not use my allowance at the moment but may do in the New Year so I'm waiting to see how that goes. The guy in the '3' store told me that moving from PAYG to contract was pretty straightforward and didn't even require a SIM change (not too sure about that but that's what he said!).

In that case, go for the PAYG option at first and monitor your usage using the dashboard that the device installs. I definitely do not use my allowance at the moment but may do in the New Year so I'm waiting to see how that goes. The guy in the '3' store told me that moving from PAYG to contract was pretty straightforward and didn't even require a SIM change (not too sure about that but that's what he said!).

Good idea!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Louis63
Just got USB Host working on my Vega.

Wanted to say that I've just plugged in my Huawei E160G USB Dongle (on Three UK) into my Vega. The lights flashed green (found 2G network) then blue (found 3G network). It didn't actually connect as the dongle light needs to be a constant blue and not flashing.

Basically, the Vega is missing the necessary "Settings" section to configure the device (such as APNs, usernames and passwords).

Hope this helps someone!

Wanted to say that I've just plugged in my Huawei E220 USB Dongle (on Three UK) into my Vega. The lights flashed green (found 2G network) then blue (found 3G network). It didn't actually connect as the dongle light needs to be a constant blue and not flashing.