Media Volume

Guest thinksmart99

Guest thinksmart99

Hi all,

Firstly thanks so much for adding so much to the Vega experience with your excellent firmware.

I've just updated to the newest version including the performance pack and have issue:

I had had the machine in "Silent Mode" under sound settings but after disabling that I can't media sound to be played. System sounds work however.

In the volumes setting I can move the slider for media, but each time I reopen that settings window the slider is back at 0. When I press the hardware volume keys I just get a pop-up with "x media volume" but it will not go up.

BTW this also happens with head phones plugged in....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bob

Guest trevor432990

You need to use the Volume Up/Down buttons on the side to change the levels rather than trying to do it with your finger on the screen. I fell into that trap earlier today.

Sorry just read your message again and you already did that :)

Edited by trevor432990

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RolloRigby

I have the same issue with media volume not responding to either button or setting changes. Anyone know why or how to fix it? I added to mcr upgrade from new, could it have been caused by the volume being muted brfore upgrade?

Guest harmohn

Damn this just occurred on my vega too! ;) ....see if reboot helps.

Update: I believe the culprit was my Extended Controls media sound widget not toggling correctly; all sorted after toggling on/off a few times (whilst playing some tracks) :(

Edited by harmohn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paraffinbrain
Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Can npt get media volume to work, it resets itself to 0.

How can I fix this issue?

Cheers!

It happens to me everytime I come out of silent mode. Rebooting fixes it for me.

Guest dagrim1
It happens to me everytime I come out of silent mode. Rebooting fixes it for me.

Same issue here. Also an issue where sound volume is at like 50% but agter that increasing volume doesnt result in louder sound, anyone else noticed.this? (For example in youtube)

Guest warriorscot

I eventually had to use an app to fix the problem, once I had it changed the behaviour went back to normal. No idea why it works like that I only used the app to change the volume a couple of times and afterward everything else went back to normal. But to be honest I probably wouldn't notice if it broke again as I tend to only have it at one discreet volume and either have it muted most of the time or using headphones so I remapped the volume keys to something more useful then added a mute desktop widget.

• 3 months later...
Guest wortelsoft

I had this as well. Downloaded audiomanager widget and there was a check at the media volume set for vibration(might be called different as I setup dutch language) removing the check fixed the issues.