Google Maps 5

Guest rulerofkaos

Guest Fusion0306
it is special, because we get an update that is vector based which should result in GMaps being much faster

I like the terrain layer :) It's cool ;)

And I'm digging the vector based images. Looks better too

And again with map tiles. The vectorbased graphics are only useable on the newest phones. In fact the desire doesnt get the vector based maps at all (and it had much more Power than the Pulse). Only a few new devices like desire hd get the Vector based maps

Edited by Guest

Guest Fusion0306
And again with map tiles. The vectorbased graphics are only useable on the newest phones. In fact the desire doesnt get the vector based maps. Only a few devices like desire hd.

I was hoping that that's not the case. But after watching videos on youtube, I'm sure to say that we don't have the vector map options... I'm kinda dissapointed... Too bad

Guest niko1986
I was hoping that that's not the case. But after watching videos on youtube, I'm sure to say that we don't have the vector map options... I'm kinda dissapointed... Too bad

Cant remember the name but a XDA member (Brut? maybe) made a custom version of maps and even months ago it used googles then experimental vector graphics so unless google is limiting it to newer phones specifically i dont know. But vector maps do work on plus.

• 6 months later...
Guest rulerofkaos
Out of Interest:

How do you chose buildings to be 3D?

As we dont have the Multitouch option... :huh:

Thanks!

(For me, the brut version doesn´t install at the moment :blink: )

You see 3D buildings from the top or you click the my location button an the viewing angle changes. For me the ownhere resigned version installed.

Guest mrand
You see 3D buildings from the top or you click the my location button an the viewing angle changes. For me the ownhere resigned version installed.

Yeah, i see! Thanks for the information rulerofkaos, the resigned version installed fine!

But i´d love to have the multitouch working on this...

Woher kommst Du denn aus Deutschland, Bundesland?

Danke und Liebe Grüße :blink:

Guest rulerofkaos
Yeah, i see! Thanks for the information rulerofkaos, the resigned version installed fine!

But i´d love to have the multitouch working on this...

Woher kommst Du denn aus Deutschland, Bundesland?

Danke und Liebe Grüße :huh:

I don't believe we'll get multitouch for the pulse, our phone is really outdated :)

Ich komme aus der Nähe von Karlsruhe...da gibts netterweise 3D Gebäude :blink:

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest mrand
I don't believe we'll get multitouch for the pulse, our phone is really outdated :)

Ich komme aus der Nähe von Karlsruhe...da gibts netterweise 3D Gebäude :blink:

I don´t think so either :P

Hehe, cool! Hier in München gibts die Gott sei Dank auch :huh:

schönen abend!