is it me or does the blade take ages to charge ??

Guest Ricey155

Guest Arr Too

Charging over a standard USB connection will only trickle. But that's probably best for the long term battery life.

Charging over the AC adapter ought to be a lot quicker, but the phone charging mechanism necessarily avoids absolutely fully charging the battery to the absolute top.

Guest Ricey155

more time than i expect = ages

compared to my iphone ages usb or plug :)

done a quick search after 3 glasses of red wine lol and somebody mentioned juice defender any good ??

To speed charging use the mains charger rather than USB. If you use USB carging the phone will only draw a more modest current and will take longer to charge. Let the phone sleep or turn it off altogether. Do not leave the screen lit while charging, and especially do not have it doing something lively like satnav or media playback. That will definitely slow charging to a crawl.

Once the charge light goes green the phone will only initially be at 90% and will need a few (tens of) minutes longer to reach 100%. If you then full turn the phone off it will begin charging some more until finally you get a fully soaked 100% charge.

It will take a week or two for the battery to reach optimum performance.

I haven't timed how long it takes to achieve a full charge from (near) empty. My battery only depletes by about 12% each day with light use so I can afford to charge it whenever I like. There is no rush. I guess typically I'll let it drop to no less than 50% and then charge it up again when it's convenient. Since my definition of "convenient" is when I'm relaxing at home in the evening there is no problem with time pressure to rush a charge. I just leave the phone charging for an hour or two and it's good to go.

Edited by tdodd

Guest insurgente
My battery only depletes by about 12% each day with light use so I can afford to charge it whenever I like

whoa, pretty impressive.... i'll be aiming for that when I get my hands on one!

Edited by insurgente

Guest oh!dougal
Charging over a standard USB connection will only trickle. But that's probably best for the long term battery life.

Yes, absolutely.

And here "life" means principally long term durability - but slow charging may also give more runtime.

To speed charging use the mains charger rather than USB. If you use USB carging the phone will only draw a more modest current and will take longer to charge. Let the phone sleep or turn it off altogether. Do not leave the screen lit while charging, and especially do not have it doing something lively like satnav or media playback. That will definitely slow charging to a crawl.

The battery gets (at most) what is leftover after the running phone has taken what it wants.

If you are only providing a little power (like usb), and the phone is using a lot (like gps, wifi and screen ...) then there's not going to be much, if any, surplus to charge the battery.

Turn stuff off if you aren't using it, and then -

-- your phone will charge faster

-- and run down more slowly.

Simples?

Once the charge light goes green the phone will only initially be at 90% and will need a few (tens of) minutes longer to reach 100%. If you then full turn the phone off it will begin charging some more until finally you get a fully soaked 100% charge.

It will take a week or two for the battery to reach optimum performance.

Yes, important point to know.

If the phone is NOT powered fully off when charging, the little LED changes colour at 90%. It isn't fully charged yet!

Personally, I find it very convenient to fully charge the phone overnight, while I too am asleep.

Edited by oh!dougal

• 1 month later...

I'm having battery charge issues since upgrading to the MoDaCo r12 ROM, but thought I'd post my experience in here (if wrong, can a mod please move it).

Charging via USB now takes "ages". By that I mean, 10+ hours with the phone off and it's still only at 85%. An hour or two will see it trickle a couple of 2% at best.

Mains charging is faster, but a full charge doesn't last. I've tried wiping battery stats, letting the battery discharge, etc but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm having battery charge issues since upgrading to the MoDaCo r12 ROM, but thought I'd post my experience in here (if wrong, can a mod please move it).

Charging via USB now takes "ages". By that I mean, 10+ hours with the phone off and it's still only at 85%. An hour or two will see it trickle a couple of 2% at best.

Mains charging is faster, but a full charge doesn't last. I've tried wiping battery stats, letting the battery discharge, etc but I'm open to suggestions.

A bit of a long shot, but have you checked for a rogue app consuming large chunks of CPU? Maybe a simple reboot will cure it. I'm on the stock ROM and have never even tried the Modaco ROM, but occasionally (in the distant past) I have seen odd behaviour following a reboot and a second reboot has settled everything back to normal.

Mine usually takes about 3-4 hours off the mains, though I only charge it when it has fully ran out of battery.

You aren't doing your battery any favours from doing that. Deep discharges are bad for Lithium batteries (as is the heat from fast or constant charging). Topping up when you get to ~30% is probably the ideal way.