PC pro rates streak as best android Tablet and same score as Ipad

Guest spacecat46

Guest spacecat46

Just in case you doubted your purchase pc pro have done a rating of tablets, inevitably they put the Ipad first overall, but they gave the dell streak the same overall score and said it was the best android tablet by far and now with 2.2 was a superb alternative if you wanted something that could do tablet, phone and sat nav..........and FLASH!

One criticism they says was the lack of SWYPE! Pity they didn't review DJ steve version eh :)

Edited by spacecat46

I always love streak more than ipad and hope AT&T/Rogers/TMO 2.2 can be released as soon as possible.

Then...2.3 from DJ Steve :)

Edited by AuirR

Guest coronet

No disrespect, on my fourth streak now, but the Streak ain't s***. It's plagued with problems with a company completely incompetent to respond to it's woes. It's badword sad that someone like Steve has to step out there to make everything right... and Dell still don't listen. A 5" screen is great... but that's all the streak has going for it. Otherwise it's just another phone bogged down with too many problems to be called the best of anything.

Guest spacecat46
No disrespect, on my fourth streak now, but the Streak ain't s***. It's plagued with problems with a company completely incompetent to respond to it's woes. It's badword sad that someone like Steve has to step out there to make everything right... and Dell still don't listen. A 5" screen is great... but that's all the streak has going for it. Otherwise it's just another phone bogged down with too many problems to be called the best of anything.

On my one and only since july, works great esp on steves 1.1.1 pretty much the ideal package form factor wise and now the software is up to speed albeit not by official sources.

my only complaint is accessories are WELL overpriced

Guest alert_bri
On my one and only since july, works great esp on steves 1.1.1 pretty much the ideal package form factor wise and now the software is up to speed albeit not by official sources.

my only complaint is accessories are WELL overpriced

My only regret is that a huge multinational with MILLIONS of $ at its' disposal can't match a guy working around his job at McDonalds :)

Dell should give djStephen a full time income to do his own thing while offering them guidance as a consultant - they have delivered a damned good hardware platform - they just need to find some software engineers who love what they do and have some passion for Android and the customers out here.

I'm loving my Streak - but only because I have Stephen's Froyo v1.5 installed... looking to install v1.5.2 as soon as the fonts are sorted.

Cheers

Brian

Guest PipoXtreme

Maybe Dell f* up this placement from the product in the market but - and in my point of view - the most delicious point of this device is - that somebody like our chief here in this forums (I mean DR.STEVE ) can modify nearly everything on this device like we wish.. You can do this with the f* IPAD or Apple product ?! I don`t think, isn`t ?

I`m really happy with this great part of technical device !!! Everyone who are disappointed with this device can go to apple product.. and can enjoy his choice ! Me NO! :)

Edited by PipoXtreme

Guest Terrigno
Just in case you doubted your purchase pc pro have done a rating of tablets, inevitably they put the Ipad first overall, but they gave the dell streak the same overall score and said it was the best android tablet by far and now with 2.2 was a superb alternative if you wanted something that could do tablet, phone and sat nav..........and FLASH!

One criticism they says was the lack of SWYPE! Pity they didn't review DJ steve version eh :)

Thats wierd. Froyo has Swype in it.

My only regret is that a huge multinational with MILLIONS of $ at its' disposal can't match a guy working around his job at McDonalds :)

Dell should give djStephen a full time income to do his own thing while offering them guidance as a consultant - they have delivered a damned good hardware platform - they just need to find some software engineers who love what they do and have some passion for Android and the customers out here.

I'm loving my Streak - but only because I have Stephen's Froyo v1.5 installed... looking to install v1.5.2 as soon as the fonts are sorted.

Cheers

Brian

couldn't agree more

Guest haynesteve

It's a lovely piece of hardware, with lots of potential - but if it wasn't for Steve, Fards & the other maestros helping out, I be well p*ssed of with Dell.

Why is there STILL no official app for the well documented FM Radio built into the hardware ?

Guest T_r_i_s

Do you have a link to the article? thanks

Its in the magazine available at all good newsagents and dodgy bit torrents

Yes, I would like to see the full article too, and forward it to people who are still not sure which platform to go with.

Guest Wee Thomas
It's a lovely piece of hardware, with lots of potential - but if it wasn't for Steve, Fards & the other maestros helping out, I be well p*ssed of with Dell.

Why is there STILL no official app for the well documented FM Radio built into the hardware ?

I'm guessing you've not ever developed mobile firmware. Just because the processor or SoC I chose for my device has a specific feature (that could be well documented), doesn't mean I will implement it in my own product. Some cars are pre-wired or are designed to support additional accessories that aren't standard from the factory.

Clearly, FM radio functionality as part of the tablet experience isn't high up on the list of things to do at Dell.

Edited by Wee Thomas