POV Mobii 10 1.07 firmware online

Guest dagrim1

Guest rvdgeer
Thought it might be interesting for some since the hardware seems identical (I'm now running the vega software on the POV, but the other way around should also be possible I guess?).

And it might help with other things, USB host/slave thing, etc...

http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Dr...1.07%20upgrade/

Wow, great find!

We now finally have a reliable boot.img from the Mobii :)

And more good news...

Gingerbread is coming to our devices!

I noticed there are huge differences between the dutch and US-english answers on the PoV 'the Club' site:

Find the Google translated dutch answers here.

EDIT:

Can someone please try the update...

The previously mentioned FAQs say this (translated, then corrected a bit):

note: it is not possible to connect the tablet directly to the PC (USB slave mode).

By activating USB slave mode it is not possible for pendrives and other USB devices like USB, USB keyboards, etc. 3G adapters to connect.

For this reason, Point of View defaults the device to USB host mode.

This is not simply a setting which can be changed in the Android operating system. The only way is a complete firmware update.

We are currently completing this update.

Do they mean 1.07?

Edited by rvdgeer

Wow, great find!

We now finally have a reliable boot.img from the Mobii :)

And more good news...

Gingerbread is coming to our devices!

I noticed there are huge differences between the dutch and US-english answers on the PoV 'the Club' site:

Find the Google translated dutch answers here.

EDIT:

Can someone please try the update...

The previously mentioned FAQs say this (translated, then corrected a bit):

Do they mean 1.07?

Also of note is that you can't use a USB 3G dongle with the mobii. They're currently testing drivers for various dongles and this will be implemented in the next firmware upgrade.

Guest dagrim1

Weird about the different answers indeed! The NL version states they're working on a 2.3 update for this tablet and the international version says it doesn't support anything higher then 2.2...

Compared the roms from the mobii and vega quickly (so far as that's possible on a windows machine) and things seem quite similar. Most file sizes are identical, the mobii has some more apps installed by default (no market still) but no big changes.

The Vega has a newer build date, the mobii is from 1st of december but most things seem the same. Think I'm going to go for the POV though, because of the USB mode.

Could it do damage to install Pauls r5 update on the mobii with pov software? It doesn't really change a LOT right, it just replaces some files (versions) and adds versions.

The only problem I can see is the fact that the vega version had some more space left in the system/apps dir.

Guest rvdgeer
The only problem I can see is the fact that the vega version had some more space left in the system/apps dir.

If you delete iLauncher2.apk from the system/app dir (ie. using Root Explorer) it gives you about 6 MB extra free space...

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest dagrim1
If you delete iLauncher2.apk from the system/app dir (ie. using Root Explorer) it gives you about 6 MB extra free space...

Haha, yeah... that was one of the first things I did before as well. As well as the alternative app store, etc.

Did notice a userdata.img file in the POV firmware as well, containign test_xxx_host files (test_algorithm_host, test_type_traits_host) etc. Partitions are the same between the two versions.

Guest JordanT92
Also of note is that you can't use a USB 3G dongle with the mobii. They're currently testing drivers for various dongles and this will be implemented in the next firmware upgrade.

By which point, we steal the boot.img and flash it to our Vega's >:) 3G adapters connect, but the android we have just doesn't know what to do with it..

Guest rvdgeer
By which point, we steal the boot.img and flash it to our Vega's >:) 3G adapters connect, but the android we have just doesn't know what to do with it..

Can't we find and implement these drivers ourselves?

If we have the hardware, can't we download drivers from the manufacturers sites?

I'm not a dev, so sorry if this sounds noobish...

Guest thedicemaster
Can't we find and implement these drivers ourselves?

If we have the hardware, can't we download drivers from the manufacturers sites?

I'm not a dev, so sorry if this sounds noobish...

manufacturers usually only make windows drivers.

there are generic linux drivers, but those are meant for full linux distro's and make use of a configuration utility which won't work on android.

Guest rvdgeer
manufacturers usually only make windows drivers.

there are generic linux drivers, but those are meant for full linux distro's and make use of a configuration utility which won't work on android.

Ah, thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Double-A

I am planning on purchasing the PoV Mobii Tegra and was looking forward to installing Vega's firmware and MoDaCo's custom ROM for it (to access Android Market and so on...).

Just in case something is wrong with the tablet and I would have to send it back (e.g. for warranty purposes). Is it possible, to bring back PoV's original firmware to the Mobii by installing the 1.07 firmware from PoV's website?

Edited by Double-A

Guest rvdgeer
I am planning on purchasing the PoV Mobii Tegra and was looking forward to installing Vega's firmware and MoDaCo's custom ROM for it (to access Android Market and so on...).

Just in case something is wrong with the tablet and I would have to send it back (e.g. for warranty purposes). Is it possible, to bring back PoV's original firmware to the Mobii by installing the 1.07 firmware from PoV's website?

Yes, it's actually very easy to flash it back to original firmware...

Guest Double-A

Oh I see, that is great news! But I have two more questions regarding the ROM:

1) Did anyone ever try to install the MoDaCo Custom ROM over the PoV Mobii's original firmware? Does it work? Maybe on 1.07 firmware?

2) Maybe this question seems a bit stupid but - after flashing the Vega's ROM on the PoV Mobii and applying MoDaCo Custom ROM, does the PoV show "ADVENT" as boot-screen?

Thanks again!

Guest dagrim1

1) Did anyone ever try to install the MoDaCo Custom ROM over the PoV Mobii's original firmware? Does it work? Maybe on 1.07 firmware?

2) Maybe this question seems a bit stupid but - after flashing the Vega's ROM on the PoV Mobii and applying MoDaCo Custom ROM, does the PoV show "ADVENT" as boot-screen?

Thanks again!

1. I did try it once but didn't seem to work. I think the usb mode on the mobii is different by default. You might be able to copy the files majually or something.

2. You get the vega bootscreen yeah

Guest rvdgeer

Thanks again!

1) I tried, but since the pov firmware is in usb host mode, has no flash and has an extra launcher (large file) there's realy no point in doing this... Also the performance pack is made for the vega ROM, so you can expect a few errors...

2) Yes...

• 2 months later...