Thinnest Case

Guest maskaler

Guest maskaler

Hello all

I've had an OtterBox case for my streak for a few months now, having dropped my previous streak on holiday and needed an insurance replacement due to a buggered screen.

I've been annoyed recently at how massive the streak is in the otterbox case, until today I actually started considering another phone as it's just 'too' big. Then I took it out of the case and realised what a beautiful piece of slimline kit it is, and that my case is the source of all my woes.

With that in mind, and after a 2 paragraph explanation, can anyone recommend, or does anyone know of, a super-slimline case for the streak? Something that'll protect it well enough should I drop it from a standing height, but not pad it out so it's the size of a breeze block in the same way the otterbox case does.

Cheers

Ant

Guest spences10
Which otterbox you using? I used the impact which seemed large but since using the commuter feels a lot slimmer/sleeker...

I go with mancterrier , the commuter cases are a lot slimmer, I have one for my desire and it's really slim

I totally understand your problem. Call me brave... I use my Streak "naked" and/or with Dell Form Fit case. The Dell's form fit case is the only one I am willing (reluctantly) to put up with. I think it will do a OK job if you drop it from > 3' high. For the Dell Form Fit case, search Dell Streak at Dell's site, you won't miss it (~20 USD)

The Streak is a beauty with it slimline. Just be a little more careful handling it. BTW, I am a heavy user and it is with me all the time.

I totally understand your problem. Call me brave... I use my Streak "naked" and/or with Dell Form Fit case. The Dell's form fit case is the only one I am willing (reluctantly) to put up with. I think it will do a OK job if you drop it from > 3' high. For the Dell Form Fit case, search Dell Streak at Dell's site, you won't miss it (~20 USD)

The Streak is a beauty with it slimline. Just be a little more careful handling it. BTW, I am a heavy user and it is with me all the time.

I use dells form fit case. My wife dropped it from about 3' up onto pavers and it didn't break. The case has a bad scrape but thats all. I haven't dropped the phone at all. Heavy user, but very careful.

Guest grumpy_o_g

I simply went out and bought a wallet that the streak fits into very nicely. There's a few wallets out there that will fir it though a couple of people have accused me of having a ladies purse (it's absolutely nothing like a purse) - it's quite simply a wallet just slightly larger than the Streak and it has a central pocket that fits it perfectly. As I wear glasses and als have BB for work I've managed to reduce the amount of crud I carry by one as I no longer have an iPhone in a separate case as well. It cost me £37 I believe from a local shop.

Guest payneardo
I use the Otter Box Commuter case and I like it. Maybe you should try the Zagg Invisible Shield or something like it?

Bought the invisible shield and was not overly impressed with it :) the touch screen was not responsive and started to peel off and had to ditch it ;)

Guest flapheadx

I wanted a nice looking leather case and went for a Tuff-Luv Saddleback. When I first got it, I was really shocked, because the Streak has approx. doubled in thickness. But after using it for about 2 month now, I really got used to it, and I wouldn't wanna miss it. Looks very stylish and gives a good feeling of protection. I can recommend it to anyone looking for a leather case.

Edit:

Just checked, they now also have a slim&lite silicone case for the streak. But I have no idea how it compares to the otterbox...

Edited by flapheadx

I use dells form fit case. My wife dropped it from about 3' up onto pavers and it didn't break. The case has a bad scrape but thats all. I haven't dropped the phone at all. Heavy user, but very careful.

That's good to know. I am using the form fit case more and more now-a-days and less "naked" now ;-)

Guest Spike8585

I use my Streak 'naked' and have dropped it once onto my tile floors from 4 feet. The side plastic panel beside the screen came off.

I just put it back, as it has an adhesive. No long term damage.

The Streaks composite shell is super tough.

I hate cases. This thing is big enough.

Guest mancterrier
I have the giant rubbery beast... I might give the Commuter a try though - cheers for the recommendations!

Its twice the case the impact is mate, you wont regret it..

I never used cases either before I dropped mine and the screen went BOOOOOOM. Lesson learnt...