Vega Bootscreens

Guest JordanT92

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Stock 1.09 from Vega, does have a nice android logo, I wonder why it was removed from r8.

That would be because MCR r8 is based on v1.08 ROM, NOT the v1.09 stock. :)

Guest SeiferTV
That would be because MCR r8 is based on v1.08 ROM, NOT the v1.09 stock. :)

Fair enough

Any cue on which files have changed to make that possible?

Guest datas0ft

Hey.

Who have Viewsonic10s default bootscreen? I loosed mine when started play with custom roms. This time i dont had knowledge make backup at original rom. Viewsonic dont put yet rom on site or i'm stupid and didnt find.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Fair enough

Any cue on which files have changed to make that possible?

Not sure which file it is in the framework apk - haven't had too much time to get everything extracted and looked through recently.

Will see if I can find it later today - work permitting. :) (working from home does have its advantages sometimes!)

Guest SeiferTV

My GF made some cool stuff with photoshop involving the android logo and the POV chameleon and I animated it on Gif Movie Gear. (I'll upload the gif later ) I'm guessing POV owners will like it :)

Edit: Here it is:

Untitled-2.gif

Edited by SeiferTV

Guest SeiferTV

Sorry for double posting, just wanted to know If you liked the animation or if you have any ideas to improve it, so I could upload it :)

Cheers

Guest beegee1962
Hey.

Who have Viewsonic10s default bootscreen? I loosed mine when started play with custom roms. This time i dont had knowledge make backup at original rom. Viewsonic dont put yet rom on site or i'm stupid and didnt find.

ViewSonic Philippines has it :) Check here: http://in.viewsonic.com/ph/kbase/article.php?id=256

Guess you know how to get it out from the ROM.

Guest beegee1962

WOOOOOOHHHHHH

A Sinclair ZX Spectrum :( :huh: :)

Do you still own one?

This was my very first computer :)

I couldn't help myself.

android-logo-mask.png

:)

Edited by beegee1962

Guest premieral
Hello,

For all of you who missed it:

*** Custom Boot Animations Showcase ***

show-preview.jpg

Play

*** Custom Appearance Sets Showcase ***

styles-preview.jpg

Play

For more content, updates and installation tips please visit:

Custom Boot Animations - Forum Link

Hope you like it.

Regards,

Lukasz

Hi Lukasz.mobi great work hadn`t spotted all these before :)

Guest SeiferTV

For some reason I don't get, I can't use the animation I put a couple pages back. It just shows a black screen.

I named the pngs in the same way the previous ones were. I even used the same definition file ( the txt file ) but still nothing.

Anything I should be waching out for? Sanity checks can help too

For example, I made the images in the proper size, so that shouldn't be a problem

Guest chugglet

OK, maybe I'm being a bit thick but I cannot get either my PC or MAC to recognise the device.

If I turn on USB debugging, the device appears in the PC as a removable device but I cannot access it.

If I turn on USB Connected, I can only access what is on the SD Card.

Computer Management recognises that there is a drive there but will not allow me to access it.

The same happens when I connect to my MAC.

Any ideas?

Guest PacGhost

I used Winrar

1. Downloaded "framework-res" from my vega..

2. My "framework-res" went into the route of the C: drive, open with Winrar.

3. Deleted Nvidia jpg files,kept no.3(as it had the right res for Vega.)

4. Made my image(below) and replace the one in Winrar.

5. Closed Winrar.

6. Try to upload, missing file came up, moved my "framework-res" to the folder containing "adb-windows.exe"

7. Uploaded

YES !

post-878078-1304463703_thumb.png

Edited by PacGhost

• 1 month later...
Guest ursulavasey
I used Winrar

1. Downloaded "framework-res" from my vega..

2. My "framework-res" went into the route of the C: drive, open with Winrar.

3. Deleted Nvidia jpg files,kept no.3(as it had the right res for Vega.)

4. Made my image(below) and replace the one in Winrar.

5. Closed Winrar.

6. Try to upload, missing file came up, moved my "framework-res" to the folder containing "adb-windows.exe"

7. Uploaded

YES !

post-878078-1304463703_thumb.png

There are several of these pics I would like as a bootscreen image, including the one above. Can someone give me a walkthrough on how to put this onto my Vega, please? Baby steps please, as I am used to rooting, modding etc, but have never changed a boot screen. I would be very grateful if I could get this sorted out and have my Vega looking really good at boot up time.

Guest premieral
There are several of these pics I would like as a bootscreen image, including the one above. Can someone give me a walkthrough on how to put this onto my Vega, please? Baby steps please, as I am used to rooting, modding etc, but have never changed a boot screen. I would be very grateful if I could get this sorted out and have my Vega looking really good at boot up time.

The simple way is to download vegatools3 onto your pc then copy the bootimage zip you fancy to your desktop hook the Vega up to the PC turn on usbdebugging and run the appropriate option in vegatools it does all the replacing for you

Guest ursulavasey
The simple way is to download vegatools3 onto your pc then copy the bootimage zip you fancy to your desktop hook the Vega up to the PC turn on usbdebugging and run the appropriate option in vegatools it does all the replacing for you

I was able to get the Honeycomb animation on, but none of the other animations are recognised as Zip files, so cannot be done. Do I download, then zip them with winzip or something?

Guest ursulavasey
I have just knocked this one together.

BootScreen2.png

What do you think?

I would like to use this screen as my boot animation. Is there a zip version of it, so that I can run it through Vegatools, to install it as my boot screen? I can only find the png image file, not an animated zip version.