Any fix for the WIFI yet?

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

I've narrowed down the long list of problems that i had with my streak but one very annoying is still remaining.

Every few minutes i lose my internet connection and i have to disable WIFI and re-enable it in order to get it back to work. I even did a factory reset but same thing.

I have been reading about this from a lot of users. Has anyone figure out a way to fix this?

Guest mzsigler
I've narrowed down the long list of problems that i had with my streak but one very annoying is still remaining.

Every few minutes i lose my internet connection and i have to disable WIFI and re-enable it in order to get it back to work. I even did a factory reset but same thing.

I have been reading about this from a lot of users. Has anyone figure out a way to fix this?

Stock rom?

Guest utahstreak

What's the overall strength of your wifi signal before you lose it?

Is you router in the same room as fridges, microwave ovens?

Guest mzsigler
Latest official 2.2 with steves performance fix.

Maybe try another rom if you're rooted.

I know that's not an ideal "Fix", but I've never had that issue with Steve's roms.

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
What's the overall strength of your wifi signal before you lose it?

Is you router in the same room as fridges, microwave ovens?

No I am not in the same room. One room next to the access point. The signal strenth is medium. No appliances except of tv.

Guest RedSlug
Latest official 2.2 with steves performance fix.

I had this problem with a Belkin router. Eventually I binned it, bought a Netgear and haven't looked back since. It workes perfectly

Guest utahstreak

Are you sure you router is not channel swapping? it will transmit over the same frequency band there are channels from 1 to 11, i had a dlink that was constantly swapping (every couple of days) from 1, 3, 7 and 11. the only way i found out was i fitted a range booster.

Guest strvmarv
Are you sure you router is not channel swapping? it will transmit over the same frequency band there are channels from 1 to 11, i had a dlink that was constantly swapping (every couple of days) from 1, 3, 7 and 11. the only way i found out was i fitted a range booster.

Dude, you are a freaking genious, thanks! Trying that now...been having issues with Froyo for months at work and at home. After 10-15 minutes Wi-Fi would just be scanning and my AP would be disabled. Never considered the channel swapping would be the issue, but it makes sense...

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

I have fixed channel 6.