Android 2.2.1 Overclocking & Benchmarking

Guest RDilus

I did some testing on the custom 2.2.1 rom with CM with 2 diffrence kernels

Kernel/Boot 1.1

and

Kernel/Boot 1.2

Well it suprise me this device is killing fast

anyway ill show you some overclock results and benchmark,s from kernel 1.1 and 1.2

Overclocking.

Used App: SetCPU 2.0.4

in 1.1 is max i get is 800Mhz Stable

in 1.2 i get 806-825Mhz Stable (825Mhz crash in some apps)(you can try faster but it is not stable enough)

its a lil win for 1.2 but need to be more optimized to use it on higher speed

Kernel/boot 1.1.________________________Kernel/boot 1.2

screenshot001fc.jpgscreenshot010s.jpg

Benchmarking.

Used App: Quardrant Advanced 1.1.1 Rev 1352

I used one app for now soon ill give you more bench results.

But this is really a shock when you see this it was even a schock for me!

I dindt realize this phone was this powerfull you will see what i mean in the pictures.

screenshot004be.jpgscreenshot011me.jpg

Well enjoy the results and say wow because this phone is one man army!

Guest despotovski01
I did some testing on the custom 2.2.1 rom with CM with 2 diffrence kernels

Kernel/Boot 1.1

and

Kernel/Boot 1.2

Well it suprise me this device is killing fast

anyway ill show you some overclock results and benchmark,s from kernel 1.1 and 1.2

Overclocking.

Used App: SetCPU 2.0.4

in 1.1 is max i get is 800Mhz Stable

in 1.2 i get 806-825Mhz Stable (825Mhz crash in some apps)(you can try faster but it is not stable enough)

its a lil win for 1.2 but need to be more optimized to use it on higher speed

screenshot001fc.jpgscreenshot010s.jpg

Benchmarking.

Used App: Quardrant Advanced 1.1.1 Rev 1352

I used one app for now soon ill give you more bench results.

But this is really a shock when you see this it was even a schock for me!

I dindt realize this phone was this powerfull you will see what i mean in the pictures.

screenshot004be.jpgscreenshot011me.jpg

Well enjoy the results and say wow because this phone is one man army!

Is the Cyanogenmod that you used stable and with all functions of the phone?

Guest max-greece

It just goes to show how much faster 2.2 is. I am running at 900 MHz, apparently stable (24 hours at this speed) and my benchmarks are half yours. Last I heard 2.2 is missing the camera, stereo sound (audio playback is in mono) and a couple of other items I cannot recall at the moment.

If I can run 2.2 at 900 MHz I just might have the fastest phone on the market!!! Just waiting for them to get the last few bits in place.

It just goes to show how much faster 2.2 is. I am running at 900 MHz, apparently stable (24 hours at this speed) and my benchmarks are half yours. Last I heard 2.2 is missing the camera, stereo sound (audio playback is in mono) and a couple of other items I cannot recall at the moment.

If I can run 2.2 at 900 MHz I just might have the fastest phone on the market!!! Just waiting for them to get the last few bits in place.

how did you manage to get 900Mhz ?

Guest max-greece
how did you manage to get 900Mhz ?

I downloaded the latest version of the Kernel yesterday and there it was. I don't know if it is available for 2.2 but I think it is.

Anyway - I just slide the slider all the way over and ran some tests (Games, video, streaming video, benchmark tests and the tests within SetCPU itself. Seems stable.

Guest max-greece
I downloaded the latest version of the Kernel yesterday and there it was. I don't know if it is available for 2.2 but I think it is.

Anyway - I just slide the slider all the way over and ran some tests (Games, video, streaming video, benchmark tests and the tests within SetCPU itself. Seems stable.

Ok - briefly installed 2.2 and had innumerable errors so I had to go back. All the errors were at 600 MHz so there is something else going on. It didn't stop me installed the updated boot.img.

Results at 900 MHz were, briefly, quite impressive:

snap20101221_214846.png

Edited by max-greece

Guest max-greece
hmm this is old version of quardrant bench

use advanced one its a little heavyer and better

google will help you lol

Damn you're fussy!!

OK- this is from the advanced version:

snap20101224_150147.png

Looking at it I wonder if the SD card is having an impact being only a type 4 card. I/O seems quite low in comparison to the others.

Edited by max-greece

Damn you're fussy!!

OK- this is from the advanced version:

snap20101224_150147.png

Looking at it I wonder if the SD card is having an impact being only a type 4 card. I/O seems quite low in comparison to the others.

lol im not fussy :(

ill try to help you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest soulclaimed

ok im a noob to this but how do i change kernel i have a rooted lg optimus gt540 with android 2.1 update 1 and with set cpu i can only get max 600 mhz with 2.04 autodetect on demand?? or do i need to change the sampling rate etc, please help lol i want to get all i can out of this phone ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest Dimhat

Please can you help me im using lg gt540 and im running black quarx rom 2.1. I think im also running the latest kernel. i have fast boot and clockwork recovery and i have over clocked my phone to 744mhz. my problem is that is the stablest i can go. if i go over 744 mhz my phone starts rebooting. is there any way i can make it go to like 825mhz or 900mhz. thanks in advanced.