A pre-purchase question

Guest finisterre

Guest finisterre

Thinking of hunting out a Vega, but I'm worried by reviews that say there is a permanent on-screen menu bar that gets in the way.

Can this be disposed of with a custom ROM?

I'd like to be able to read ebooks and CBR/CBZ comics fullscreen.

Thanks.

Guest princeotter
Thinking of hunting out a Vega, but I'm worried by reviews that say there is a permanent on-screen menu bar that gets in the way.

Thanks.

Depending on what ebook reader you use it disappeears. Kindle for example is fine. Also if you read in web browser then Miren browser is full screen and much better than stock web browser. So I would say go ahead and get one and enjoy

Guest debs626

Thanks.

Most apps hide the onscreen menu bar ........... you really only she it permanent on the stock homescreen. Paul has modified the bar to be smaller and added it in the r4 and onwards roms. It really isn't a problem, most reviews are just nit picking tbh. I use Moon Reader and the bar isn't there by default but you can display it in the settings if you reqire.

Edit - the smaller notification bar is only available in the kitchen cooked roms

Edited by debs626

Guest ChazW123

Thanks.

The Aldiko ebook reader s/w also runs fullscreen no probs, as does the Barnes & Noble Nook app which is cool as you get the page turns animated dependant on where you touch on screen :)