Streak 2.2 notification bar missing?

Guest dancemb

Guest dancemb

I have just successfully updated my Streak to the Official 2.2 version, as it was offered to me almost instantly after I put my SIM into the phone.

I first almost fainted and worried where all my apps were as it only showed "recent apps" but pressing the dots brings that all up, so that put my mind at rest.

Firstly, how do you remove this Stage UI? I dont have any widgets that mention the word Stage, so I cant see anything to delete to make it go back to the original version.

What is everyones opinions on the Stage UI, is it really worth it? They could have kept it as it was, but having Swype automatically installed is very nice!

Guest delawaredrew
I have just successfully updated my Streak to the Official 2.2 version, as it was offered to me almost instantly after I put my SIM into the phone.

I first almost fainted and worried where all my apps were as it only showed "recent apps" but pressing the dots brings that all up, so that put my mind at rest.

Firstly, how do you remove this Stage UI? I dont have any widgets that mention the word Stage, so I cant see anything to delete to make it go back to the original version.

What is everyones opinions on the Stage UI, is it really worth it? They could have kept it as it was, but having Swype automatically installed is very nice!

To ditch Stage widgets: press and hold, a little trash can will appear on the right ( or bottom). just drag them in. This isn't going to get you to any "original" version though, The stock launcher will always have the same basic layout at the Stage widgets had ( 4x4) I didn't like that at all, I don't even use dell's launcher at this point. There are several alternative launchers.

I use LauncherPro. There is a free version in the market. Don't know what extra the paid (plus?) version has but I assume it is even better. Once installed it'll prompt you with launcher to use whenever you press "home". There are lots of settings, many I haven't even played with yet.