Youtube/flash quality

Guest dagrim1

Guest dagrim1

I have an issue with the youtube website (but also the standalone youtube player).

I'm not that impressed with the quality of the videos, but I also cannot seem to change between quality settings on the website (320p, 480p, etc). I see the menu sometimes when I keep that setting pressed but I can not change it... Anyone else who has some trick for this? This is also with the newest flash and various browsers.

Guest thedicemaster

log into youtube and configure it(somewhere in profile/account settings) to automatically switch to HD in fullscreen mode.

now whenever you view a youtube video and hit the fullscreen button in the bottom-right corner(the youtube fullscreen button, not the flash fullscreen button) it switches to the highest available resolution.

Edited by thedicemaster

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anton2k
Got the latest Flash but still have lip sync issue. Any suggestions anyone?

Yea this lip sync issue is begining to get a real pain in the a** (granted i havent updated to that latest one that paul posted yet gona do that now...), Just seems to be flash! html5 vids work fine with no problems. Any one know when Advent will be re-releasing a new version of flash for the vega??? or can suggest a solution to solv the lip sync issues, do you guys that have the performance pack have this issue?

• 2 months later...
Guest harrylad

Hi I have just got my vega and before I put the modaco rom on it youtube played in hd and looked awesome but since the rom upgrade it only plays at 480p max and doesnt look that good. I have the same problem as first post where I cant select a higher res and the settings in profile only takes it to 480p. Anyone have any suggestions or is this the case with everybody?

thanks

Guest stoolzo
Hi I have just got my vega and before I put the modaco rom on it youtube played in hd and looked awesome but since the rom upgrade it only plays at 480p max and doesnt look that good. I have the same problem as first post where I cant select a higher res and the settings in profile only takes it to 480p. Anyone have any suggestions or is this the case with everybody?

thanks

just logged something similar to this myself, didnt see this post. I have exactly same issue, although it seems to be all flash playback, web and youtube.

Guest mancity12

I also have this problem.

I got my Vega on Friday with the 1.09 firmware and Flash and then updated the ROM from this site to add the Market (thank you :D ), but since then the video quality has taken a dive on YouTube?

Is there any kind of fix for this? I did re-download ans install the Adobe Flash from the Market as well, but it made no difference at all :D .

Cheers,

Edited by mancity12

Guest harrylad

I have uninstalled the latest flash player 10.2 and re-installed the latest 10.1 flash from the links in the sticky post and the quality is much better again. i still cant change the hd format in youtube but that I can live with, the quality is very good now though.