Problem flashing 1.5.1

Guest vinokirk

Guest vinokirk

I can flash 1.5.0 just fine, im running it now.

Whenever I try to flash 1.5.1 however it hangs on the white dell logo before even getting to the coloured logo.

I was advised by Steve to get some logs but when trying to enter adb im getting this message:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Happens on 'adb logcat' too.

Anyone any ideas? I would really like to install 1.5.1. I havent got any apps or customizations on my phone at the moment as I dont wanna have to install everything on 1.5.0 and then get 1.5.1 working!

I have asked around a bit but no one seems to know anything about the error as of yet. If you've seen it beofre or have got any steps I could take to rectify the error I would be most grateful. I'm sure I have seen it before, I just can't remember how I got round it.

Guest mzsigler
I can flash 1.5.0 just fine, im running it now.

Whenever I try to flash 1.5.1 however it hangs on the white dell logo before even getting to the coloured logo.

I was advised by Steve to get some logs but when trying to enter adb im getting this message:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Happens on 'adb logcat' too.

Anyone any ideas? I would really like to install 1.5.1. I havent got any apps or customizations on my phone at the moment as I dont wanna have to install everything on 1.5.0 and then get 1.5.1 working!

I have asked around a bit but no one seems to know anything about the error as of yet. If you've seen it beofre or have got any steps I could take to rectify the error I would be most grateful. I'm sure I have seen it before, I just can't remember how I got round it.

Try "adb devices" and see if it shows up.

I'd like to be more help, but I don't use windows.

Guest vinokirk

All im trying to do is flash 1.5.1. 1.5.0 1.4.6 1.1.1 all flash fine but not 1.5.1! I flash it as normal then it hangs at the white dell logo. Then i try to get some logs and the error appears. I'm gonna try adb devices later.

But basically this shouldnt all be happening! Why!!! arrrgh, really stressing out now lol :)

Guest mzsigler
All im trying to do is flash 1.5.1. 1.5.0 1.4.6 1.1.1 all flash fine but not 1.5.1! I flash it as normal then it hangs at the white dell logo. Then i try to get some logs and the error appears. I'm gonna try adb devices later.

But basically this shouldnt all be happening! Why!!! arrrgh, really stressing out now lol :)

And you flashed the amss file for 1.5.1?