Steve's 1.5.1 and Stk service- Please Fards or Stephen won't you help me??- SOLVED, THANKS

Guest kostaver

Guest kostaver

Hi all!!

First of all I want to thank Steve for his magnificent build; I've been a long time on stock 1.6, and to stock froyo 2.2 via OTA update (31500- EU), but, no comparison at all with Steve's 1.5.1!!!

But........

I really miss the advanced options of my SIM (information and operations on my bank account through my SIM), and I used to have an icon in Program Folder referring to SIM Tolkit (in 1.6 stock and also 2.2 stock); but now, after upgrading to Steve's 1.5.1, this icon is missing, altough the apk sit there were it's supposed it should be (that is in system/app).

It seems like the stk service doesn't load on start up, so that I'm not able to fully use my SIM and it's advanced features.

Anyone has any idea on how to get stk service load?

TIA, Kosta

Edited by kostaver

Guest haynesteve

I'm running 1.5.1 and the Sim Toolkit is present. Never been able to use though as always get message from O2 saying they have a problem with my request for settings. Don't know if this is because I have a data only contract.

Guest kostaver
I'm running 1.5.1 and the Sim Toolkit is present. Never been able to use though as always get message from O2 saying they have a problem with my request for settings. Don't know if this is because I have a data only contract.

Do you mean that the SIM Toolkit icon appears in your Program folder?

Guest kostaver
Using root explorer, browse to app in system/apps. Right click and select permissions

Is set to User (Read & Write), Group (Read) and Others (Read), similarly to all the other applications in system/app....

Should I set Execute for User, or any other permission??

Thanks, kosta

Guest haynesteve
Is set to User (Read & Write), Group (Read) and Others (Read), similarly to all the other applications in system/app....

Should I set Execute for User, or any other permission??

Thanks, kosta

That's what mine are set to.... :)

I believe Fards is the one to ask

Stk and sim toolkit aren't the same thing I don't think,

I'm on 151 and simtoolkit just tries to get the operator settings

On the o2 319 build the stk app gives me all the old stylee sim stuff but wasnt there for 309\318 so I presume its operator related

Will have a read up on It later

Edited by fards

Guest kostaver

On the o2 319 build the stk app gives me all the old stylee sim stuff but wasnt there for 309\318 so I presume its operator related

Thanks Fards for your attention. When I was on 315 stock anyway, I had an icon for SIM Toolkit in my Program Folder, and all the advanced features of my SIM (banking most all) worked flawlessly trhough that application/service.

After upgrading to stephen's 1.5.1 build however, the icon has disappeared; I've read SIM Toolkit it's related to stk.apk, but that application it's already in my system/app, so should be loaded at start up and working.

Moreover I'm sure it's not a problem on my provider side, because I've tried my SIM in a low price LG and the menu for "SIM Toolkit", and all the features in it, showed up since my first switch on of the phone.

Really need your help mate!!

Thank you in advance, Kosta

Guest synaptic.flaws

sim toolkit just sends the request for operator settings via sms as far as I know just like sending the sms to 2020

sim toolkit just sends the request for operator settings via sms as far as I know just like sending the sms to 2020

Yup. But stk is different, been looking at the source, not found a reason it's not working yet. May just try de odexing the 319 build later

Guest luckyauto

stk = to do your own setting and storage in sim card , run own app , store additonal contact in sim card

sim tool kit = interactive with your current telco

Guest kostaver
stk = to do your own setting and storage in sim card , run own app , store additonal contact in sim card

sim tool kit = interactive with your current telco

Yes, but the problem is, in very simple words, that after upgrading to stephen's 1.5.1 this "SIM Tool Kit" has disappeared from my Program Folder (where it used to be when on 1.6 stock and 2.2 stock)!!

Kosta

Or, maybe, from 2.2 stock, 12821 build for instance....

Is there anyone who can help?

Kosta

Tried stk, sim info and sim manager, from all 3 versions, p the 319 version gives me o2 stk icon, but nothing more than settings, so it may swell be something else

Kosta

Tried stk, sim info and sim manager, from all 3 versions, p the 319 version gives me o2 stk icon, but nothing more than settings, so it may swell be something else

Kosta

Guest kostaver

The stk icon in program folder would be a nice start up for me: it has disappeared since me upgrading to steve's 1.5.1 (and it was there while on 1.6 stock and 2.2 stock).

By the way, is the SIM card you've used for your tests an "advanced SIM card", I mean: your telco is providing you with banking and information services through it?

Cos' it has to be enabled also on the provider side to have additional voices appearing in the SIM Toolkit menu....

Anyway my topo problem is that that damn'd icon for SIM Toolkit is not showing up anymore under Program....

Thanks again a lot for your cooperation,

Kosta

Guest kostaver
I just now tried sim toolkit on 1.5.1 and it works fine for me.. t-mobile Croatia

Hi LC!

A simple question: di you access at the SIM Toolkit menu through an icon in Program folder, isn't it?

Just found a link to android Source that explains the basics of SIM Toolkit and how it interacts with SIM card, hope it could be useful for someone more skilled than I am!!...

http://source.android.com/porting/stk.html

Kosta

Edited by kostaver

Guest kostaver
I access it normaly like on all versions via Program menu

Thanks Clockan1 As I suspected...., in my Program folder that icon (SIM Toolkit) is not anymore there (after upgrading to Steve's 1.5.1); I suspect something's wrong with StkAppService not loading...., but, how to solve it?

Guest LorD CLockaN

No Idea.. I had 1.5.0 than tried that performance mode that didn't work, than just update it to 1.5.1 with no factory reset.. Maybe it picked up from 1.5.0...