Boot loop

Guest paullong

Guest paullong

Hi all,

I have a big problem. Came home tonight and wi-fi was saying "error" so I thought I'd reboot.

Since then, the boot is just looping. I only get to the static Dell logo (with the three side lights) for a while, the screen goes black and the process starts again.

I've tried reflashing the rom (various versions), factory resets (a number of times) and I'm really stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated cos I'm stuck!

Thanks in advance!

Paul

btw - I was running Stephen's excelent 1.5.1 rom.

Guest paullong

Update for anyone with similar issues: Dell support were really hepful and I'm sending off to them today. It's likely a hardware issue. They're going to fix or replace it.

Paul

Guest paullong
Was this after an upgrade to O2's 2.2 rom by any chance? My O2 Streak has been working happily for a few hours, and now just sits on the Dell screen.

Hi Tim,

No, that's not wat happened for me. I'd been on 1.5.1 for a week or so and it randomly happened. Had Wifi error, rebooted and it never came back.

Also, mine boots for a few seconds and then powers down and starts again. Have a search on this forum for "Stuck on Dell screen", there's lots of help available.

Good luck!

Guest paullong

OK, so update in case anyone is interested.

My phone is still with me, Dell can't get UPS to pick it up for some reason. They say it's going to take 15-30 WORKING DAYS to fix or replace so I'll be without my Streak for at least three weeks!

But the big news is, I followed a set of instructions from a thread that T_R_I_S started and found that the internal SD card is faulty and after research found it is a common problem with a batch of Streaks that shipped direct from DELL between August and December once they've been upgraded to 2.2.

So there you go, timbomfg, you may have been right!

Edited by paullong

Guest Pceasar

Was your dell out of warranty? I've heard great stories of dell shipping units in advance and then just waiting on youre return. Tell me they don't just leave you stuck on your own

Edited by Pceasar

Guest paullong

Pceasar,

No - They're refusing to send one out. They say it's because I'm in the UK. I will keep pushing though. It broke 10 days ago and they still haven't picked it up!

Guest stoney1973
Pceasar,

No - They're refusing to send one out. They say it's because I'm in the UK. I will keep pushing though. It broke 10 days ago and they still haven't picked it up!

They were supposed to pick mine up last week(after i 'bricked' it flashing a rom), still havent heard anything. They also told me that they would only repair the streak, because I was in the UK. If I had been in the U.S., they would replace it.

Now I've managed to fix the streak, am debating whether to still let them collect it......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wgizmo
They were supposed to pick mine up last week(after i 'bricked' it flashing a rom), still havent heard anything. They also told me that they would only repair the streak, because I was in the UK. If I had been in the U.S., they would replace it.

Now I've managed to fix the streak, am debating whether to still let them collect it......

How did you repair your streak?

Guest wgizmo
OK, so update in case anyone is interested.

My phone is still with me, Dell can't get UPS to pick it up for some reason. They say it's going to take 15-30 WORKING DAYS to fix or replace so I'll be without my Streak for at least three weeks!

But the big news is, I followed a set of instructions from a thread that T_R_I_S started and found that the internal SD card is faulty and after research found it is a common problem with a batch of Streaks that shipped direct from DELL between August and December once they've been upgraded to 2.2.

So there you go, timbomfg, you may have been right!

Could you tell me the name of the topic about this? Meaby my random reboots and locked screen happening becouse of sd problem.

Guest paullong

Wgizmo,

Go into Fastboot mode and hit the MMI-BB button. The Streak goes through a lot of tests. Mine failed on the Internal SD card test.

Good luck!

Wgizmo,

Go into Fastboot mode and hit the MMI-BB button. The Streak goes through a lot of tests. Mine failed on the Internal SD card test.

Good luck!

Im noobie here abiut it any chane you could tell me how to do it please?

Guest paullong
Im noobie here abiut it any chane you could tell me how to do it please?

Turn your Streak off and turn it on again but once the side lights come on, take your finger off the power button and press the camera button until the screen goes white. Then hit the MMI-BB button.

This may (but I doubt it!) fix the "random reboots" problem you have. I'd search elsewhere as well.

Turn your Streak off and turn it on again but once the side lights come on, take your finger off the power button and press the camera button until the screen goes white. Then hit the MMI-BB button.

This may (but I doubt it!) fix the "random reboots" problem you have. I'd search elsewhere as well.

Thx and so far failed on sensor test, still gonna send it to them. They should come to collect it in few days then i will see whats happen. If it will come back like it wos i will start with not offcial rom's and other stuff so far i will give them chance to look at it and see if they can fix something there of if im gonna be lucky they will replace it :D

Edited by wgizmo